Best in Car Solution?

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
What do you guys think is the best solution for listening to music in the car?
I personally have the Sony MEXBT5000,which can stream music via A2DP bluetooth connection. Unfortunately its not available on the iPhone. This is how I used to listen to music on my HTC Tytn.
Now, my choices are, get a bluetooth transmitter (like the sony portable that connects to the headphone jack);
or make a direct connection through an auxilliary input.
or wait for an update to include A2DP on the iPhone (which may never happen).

Any other suggestions or recommendations?
By the way, I have a BT transmitter that goes into my ipod docking connector, but does not work on the iPhone.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
What do you guys think is the best solution for listening to music in the car?
I personally have the Sony MEXBT5000,which can stream music via A2DP bluetooth connection. Unfortunately its not available on the iPhone. This is how I used to listen to music on my HTC Tytn.
Now, my choices are, get a bluetooth transmitter (like the sony portable that connects to the headphone jack);
or make a direct connection through an auxilliary input.
or wait for an update to include A2DP on the iPhone (which may never happen).

Any other suggestions or recommendations?
By the way, I have a BT transmitter that goes into my ipod docking connector, but does not work on the iPhone.
I do not own a sony car stereo, but why don't you buy the XA 110IP ipod adapter from crutchfield or whoever you like... and see if the iPhone works with it. My iPhone works with my alpine high speed ipod adapter. I think that will give you the best sound and also charge your phone. You will also be able to control your iPhone from the head unit which is a big plus. I don't know if this was possible using bluetooth. Good luck

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I ordered the Jabra a125s Bluetoot adaptor
as I want to use that with the iPhone
in order to give it A2dp function
I will keep you informed

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I guess I've been avoiding doing a hardwire connection because of the convenience of BT connection. But since the iPhone doesn't have A2DP and doesn't seem like it will anytime soon, I might as well hardwire it.
Getting a bluetooth dongle kinda defeits the point of not having to plug anything to the iPhone for conncection.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I guess I've been avoiding doing a hardwire connection because of the convenience of BT connection. But since the iPhone doesn't have A2DP and doesn't seem like it will anytime soon, I might as well hardwire it.
Getting a bluetooth dongle kinda defeits the point of not having to plug anything to the iPhone for conncection.

Yep I know but that's the best solution so fare for not having cable dangling
And also I have my headphone Motorola S9 that I really like and that's the only way to use them with the iPhone

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Yep I know but that's the best solution so fare for not having cable dangling
And also I have my headphone Motorola S9 that I really like and that's the only way to use them with the iPhone
Have you seen the Sony BT transmitter? Now I wish I would have gotten that one instead of the Scosche that hooks up to the dock connector, because its not compatible with the iPhone. (only the ipod)

I'm probably going to do a hardwire, that way I don't have to worry about charging a separate transmitter too.

Quilliam

Jul 8, 2007
How much will it set us back to get a wired connection? and any suggestions on how to go about that?

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
for me: $100 for an adapter so I can hook both the XM and the iPhone.
I would go with a headphone connector instead of dock connector since they are not all compatible with the iPhone. Besides, I like the phone interface for music over the headunit. I'm just waiting for Brodit to make an iPhone mount for the car.