Best iPhone 3G Car Mount?

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
Hey guys, just wondering whats the best iPhone 3G car mount out there. I prefer those suction cups on my windshield. Also if i have a marware sports grip rubber case on my iPhone. Just wondering if i can leave it on and will it fit in the car mount. Thanks!

alex_j

Jul 30, 2008
There is a company called Brodit, who make mount kit’s for almost everything, they have a mount kit for the 1 gen iPhone, and i’ve spoken with them, and they say, that they will present mount kits for the 3G iPhone in August.

http://www.brodit.com

bearon1

Bronze
Oct 6, 2008
haven't found anything interesting in hardwire car mounts that display data too. The parrot ck 3100 looks nice but no mount to charge the 3g unit.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
I am using a tilt and swivel mount from proclip. It is also adjustable so it will fit my 3G. It is a two part system one specific to the vehicle and location in the car. The other to the type of unit you want to mount. In my case the bracket holds my 3G and TomTom 920.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
I just use my iPod connector built into my car, so it charges and connects calls to the car speakers via Bluetooth. My friend uses a belkin one that charges all iPods and iPhones and it connects music via fm. I'll check the model out for you.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Anyone have pictures of their iPhone mounts in their car. Seen a few but nothing clean and where it holds the iPhone well and recharges.

SikPup

Bronze
Jun 26, 2009
Hopewell Junction, NY
Anyone try this one I found it and was wondering if it is worth it
http://www.handhelditems.com/iphone-ipod-touch-ipod-nano-allinone-transmitter-black-p-19316.html
Features:
Hi-Fi Stereo FM Transmitting at 88.1-107.9MHz
iPhone bluetooth Hands-free supports talking through car speaker system
Supply charging power for iPhone and iPod models with dock connector
Flexible Goose-pipe makes it convenient to find the best position for your devices with any car in the world.
Goose pipe rotation-preventing design makes the iPhone/iPod devices steady and secure.
Standard USB-A (5V, 1A) output socket provides the charging for iPod Shuffle,

Curko

Jul 5, 2009
I run an iPhone accessory site. We only stock one which is unbranded, but we find it popular with customers - it's a 7 in 1 FM transmitter, and gets good reviews from people.

Jul 16, 2008
iPhone 3G Mount Options - 10 from ARKON

I'm using ARKON's new IPM129-SBH Removable Air Vent Mount. It was an essential since I also just got the TomTom GPS software. If you're using GPS with your iPhone, then having a good mount is an essential rather than just another cool accessory. After all, if you're using your iPhone with GPS, you're not going to sit the phone on the dash or in a cup holder slot since you need to be able to look at the screen.

ARKON has by far the largest selection of passive car mounts and holders for the iPhone 3G and iPhone original. The one I have is the removable air vent mount. The pedestal that connects to the iPhone specific cradle allows for 360 degree viewing on a swivel ball type connection. So I'm using my GPS in landscape mode.

The other ARKON mounts that are probably suitable for use with the iPhone 3G when you're using GPS are all those that keep the iPhone up high in the car so you can see it, without taking your eyes of the road.

For the iPhone, there's a windshield suction mount, Sun Visor Mount, friction dashboard bean bag style mount, and adhesive dashboard mount discs that work with the windshield suction pedestal. All of these are good, inexpensive high quality options. Pair them with a car charger and you're good to go.

http://www.arkon.com/iPhone_Car_Mount.php

Aug 25, 2010

This is awsome, saw it on gizmodo and bought it. Works in any car and any phone ( useful as i travel for work and rent cars and my girlfriend can use it with her htc. I like it because it doesn't leave a mark or require perminant fitting, you can take it out at any time.

Www.breffo.com. The mount is called spiderpodium

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Just got this the other day. This sticks to the dash with no additional plate and will hold any phone. No hooks or snaps to hold.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I got the Proclipusa.com mount for my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. I rigged something up about 2 years ago for my 3G, but this time I went for something MADE for my device. Couldn't be happier- unless I could turn it on it's side, but I never use it like that in the car, so I am good!
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/iphone-4-car-mount.58989/
Posts #15 & 16 have pics of it installed. I use it with the Griffin AutoPilot and it's a perfect setup for me.

Last edited by a moderator: