Best iPhone 3G Car Mount?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by krisobe, Jul 25, 2008.

1. krisobe

krisobe New Member

Hey guys, just wondering whats the best iPhone 3G car mount out there. I prefer those suction cups on my windshield. Also if i have a marware sports grip rubber case on my iPhone. Just wondering if i can leave it on and will it fit in the car mount. Thanks!

2. Nutchos

Nutchos New Member
    Bronze

I'm looking into getting one of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11689

Holding out to see if I can get a 3g compatible charger/holder/transmitter in one, but so far no luck. Ill just order this thing if I can't find something soon.

3. alex_j

alex_j New Member

There is a company called Brodit, who make mount kit’s for almost everything, they have a mount kit for the 1 gen iPhone, and i’ve spoken with them, and they say, that they will present mount kits for the 3G iPhone in August.

http://www.brodit.com

4. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

5. pcooper08

pcooper08 New Member

3G mount

Ive just gotten this and it works great.:laugh2:
    http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/New_Products/

6. Vader

Vader New Member

PCooper08, im interested in buying from this company for my iPhone 3g. Can you tell me if the speaker and mic from the iPhone is exposed? or is it covered by the cradle holder? I plan to use the headphone jack for the aux on my cd player and then use the mic from the iPhone for incoming calls. Thanks

7. bearon1

bearon1 New Member
    Bronze

haven't found anything interesting in hardwire car mounts that display data too. The parrot ck 3100 looks nice but no mount to charge the 3g unit.

8. bearon1

bearon1 New Member
    Bronze

Your links don't open but, your right

9. DavidT

DavidT Member
    Bronze

I am using a tilt and swivel mount from proclip. It is also adjustable so it will fit my 3G. It is a two part system one specific to the vehicle and location in the car. The other to the type of unit you want to mount. In my case the bracket holds my 3G and TomTom 920.

10. swex

swex New Member

3g car mount

check out celltech technologies. Has great stuff!

11. iPhoneMonster

iPhoneMonster New Member
    Bronze

I just use my iPod connector built into my car, so it charges and connects calls to the car speakers via Bluetooth. My friend uses a belkin one that charges all iPods and iPhones and it connects music via fm. I'll check the model out for you.

12. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

Anyone have pictures of their iPhone mounts in their car. Seen a few but nothing clean and where it holds the iPhone well and recharges.

13. SikPup

SikPup Member
    Bronze

Anyone try this one I found it and was wondering if it is worth it
    http://www.handhelditems.com/iphone-ipod-touch-ipod-nano-allinone-transmitter-black-p-19316.html
    Features:
    Hi-Fi Stereo FM Transmitting at 88.1-107.9MHz
    iPhone bluetooth Hands-free supports talking through car speaker system
    Supply charging power for iPhone and iPod models with dock connector
    Flexible Goose-pipe makes it convenient to find the best position for your devices with any car in the world.
    Goose pipe rotation-preventing design makes the iPhone/iPod devices steady and secure.
    Standard USB-A (5V, 1A) output socket provides the charging for iPod Shuffle,

14. Curko

Curko New Member

I run an iPhone accessory site. We only stock one which is unbranded, but we find it popular with customers - it's a 7 in 1 FM transmitter, and gets good reviews from people.

15. Rolrbl8der

Rolrbl8der New Member

iPhone 3G Mount Options - 10 from ARKON

I'm using ARKON's new IPM129-SBH Removable Air Vent Mount. It was an essential since I also just got the TomTom GPS software. If you're using GPS with your iPhone, then having a good mount is an essential rather than just another cool accessory. After all, if you're using your iPhone with GPS, you're not going to sit the phone on the dash or in a cup holder slot since you need to be able to look at the screen.

ARKON has by far the largest selection of passive car mounts and holders for the iPhone 3G and iPhone original. The one I have is the removable air vent mount. The pedestal that connects to the iPhone specific cradle allows for 360 degree viewing on a swivel ball type connection. So I'm using my GPS in landscape mode.

The other ARKON mounts that are probably suitable for use with the iPhone 3G when you're using GPS are all those that keep the iPhone up high in the car so you can see it, without taking your eyes of the road.

For the iPhone, there's a windshield suction mount, Sun Visor Mount, friction dashboard bean bag style mount, and adhesive dashboard mount discs that work with the windshield suction pedestal. All of these are good, inexpensive high quality options. Pair them with a car charger and you're good to go.

http://www.arkon.com/iPhone_Car_Mount.php

16. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

ProClip in a 2004 Volvo XC90 integrated with a Kenwood KVT 614

DSCN2173.jpg DSCN2174.jpg

17. Thackmills

Thackmills New Member

[​IMG]

This is awsome, saw it on gizmodo and bought it. Works in any car and any phone ( useful as i travel for work and rent cars and my girlfriend can use it with her htc. I like it because it doesn't leave a mark or require perminant fitting, you can take it out at any time.

Www.breffo.com. The mount is called spiderpodium

#17 Thackmills, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  18. DavidT

DavidT Member
    Bronze

Just got this the other day. This sticks to the dash with no additional plate and will hold any phone. No hooks or snaps to hold.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

19. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I got the Proclipusa.com mount for my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. I rigged something up about 2 years ago for my 3G, but this time I went for something MADE for my device. Couldn't be happier- unless I could turn it on it's side, but I never use it like that in the car, so I am good!
    http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/iphone-4-car-mount.58989/
    Posts #15 & 16 have pics of it installed. I use it with the Griffin AutoPilot and it's a perfect setup for me.

#19 Hawk, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
  20. luislahud

luislahud Member
    Bronze