Best iPhone 4 movie converter?

Aug 1, 2007
I was wondering if anyones had any luck with a good converter. I have been using imtoo, and videora and have been getting out of sync issues. Any opinions?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Handbrake is quality. I love how it has the preset settings on the sidebar. You can just click them and it auto-configres to whichever iDevice you have.

Anyone know the best settings to view on the iPad? I've always used Apple - Universal.

Jun 19, 2010
can you flip turn the video in this program also? Somehow i filmed a video with the phone upside down and when i go to view it, it wants to keep turning to the side no matter how you flip the screen.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I can't speak for the Mac version but as far as I've experienced, Handbrake on the PC, quality-wise, is subpar in addition to the complicated menu and functions to achieve a simple MP4 conversion. There's always some caveat like audio and video being out of sync or the appearance of too much pixelated compression, even in seemingly higher bitrate encodes.

For this reason, I've found Videora to be the best free converter quality-wise for the iPhone. It may take longer than other converters but I've compared it head to head with iTunes digital copies and I haven't seen anything else come closer.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
can you flip turn the video in this program also? Somehow i filmed a video with the phone upside down and when i go to view it, it wants to keep turning to the side no matter how you flip the screen.
The only way I know to do this is to identify your movie as a Podcast in iTunes. Go to Get Info > Options > Media Kind > Podcast.

damnskippy

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Handbrake, though I do not use the presets it comes with so I can not say if they are any good. If you learn how to control the options you can get nice small files that look great. The interface can be a little daunting though. I have even used it to put a couple Blu-Rays on my iPhone. With the help of AnyDVD of course.

Aug 1, 2007
Handbrake, though I do not use the presets it comes with so I can not say if they are any good. If you learn how to control the options you can get nice small files that look great. The interface can be a little daunting though. I have even used it to put a couple Blu-Rays on my iPhone. With the help of AnyDVD of course.
I have used 3 programs since the first post and NONE of them have been in sync with the audio.. I must be doing something wrong. I've used Videora, Handbrake, and Aimersoft iPhone converter...
My PC specs are;
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8ghz
4gbs of 800mhz ram
320GB 7200RPM Seagate HD
Windows 7 32 bit