Best iPod/iPhone headphones?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Eh i think i may just go with the default ones
No WAY! They are earBUDS, the single most uncomfortable listening devices ever. I'm very interested to know what reasonably priced in-ear canal earphones are going to be good for the iPhone.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
No WAY! They are earBUDS, the single most uncomfortable listening devices ever. I'm very interested to know what reasonably priced in-ear canal earphones are going to be good for the iPhone.
i wouldn't mind some really descent earbuds...i'm tryn to keep things simple for now...

dmbjewel

Jun 11, 2007
earbuds/earpiece

I am sure this is a stupid question, but I don't know so I am going to ask. :)
If the phone does bluetooth, can you use that wireless ear thingy that people do bluetooth with to listen to iTunes? I have never done the bluetooth so am wondering if the quality is even any good. ? thanks.:cool:

i wouldn't mind some really descent earbuds...i'm tryn to keep things simple for now...

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
If the phone does bluetooth, can you use that wireless ear thingy that people do bluetooth with to listen to iTunes? I have never done the bluetooth so am wondering if the quality is even any good. ? thanks.:cool:
Generally, no. It depends on the Bluetooth profiles supported by the phone. Usually the single ear headset has horrible audio quality when it does work.

dmbjewel

Jun 11, 2007
thanks

thanks for letting me know. I am so new to all this technology. my current phone is just a plain old nokia and its definitely time to update myself. :)

Generally, no. It depends on the Bluetooth profiles supported by the phone. Usually the single ear headset has horrible audio quality when it does work.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Don't earbuds hurt your ears? How do you get them to stay in? Mine fall out if I move an inch. I have to lie still like a corpse for me to use earbuds.

Besides, studies show that the earbuds are very bad for your hearing because they don't block out ambient noise and you have to pump the volume up to compensate. The phones you put into your ear are better and MUCH more comfortable.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com

kewl!o

Bronze
May 28, 2007
Apex, NC
thethirdrail.wordpress.com
Stereo bluetooth headphones

Check them out here:
MOTOROKR S9
http://direct.motorola.com/ens/s9/Headset_Feature.asp

Way cool! :cool:

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Very very cool headphones, but...
Motorola Bluetooth Stereo products (headphones and adapters) are compatible with any brand of Bluetooth-enabled phone or music device that supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP).
iPhone is neither A2DP nor AVRCP compliant. You can get adapters for A2DP, but I can't see AVRCP happening.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Very very cool headphones, but...iPhone is neither A2DP nor AVRCP compliant. You can get adapters for A2DP, but I can't see AVRCP happening.
Please stop posting this as if it was a fact. There are rumors saying that the iPhone does and doesn't have these profiles. Bottom line, we don't know for sure. Your comments are speculation, please present them as such.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Those motorockr look goofy if you ask me. I really could care less about the bluetooth. I have looked around and I think I will grab some v-moda. Find them on ebay for 70 bucks. Can't beat that!

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Please stop posting this as if it was a fact. There are rumors saying that the iPhone does and doesn't have these profiles. Bottom line, we don't know for sure. Your comments are speculation, please present them as such.
Sorry. Cheese, relax. Let's stay cordial okay? I'd expect more civility from an "Evangelist".

You're right. I don't know for sure that the phone doesn't have Stereo Bluetooth. But the evidence does point more to the fact that it does not support A2DP.

A lot of people are saying that they are pretty sure the phone will have A2DP, just because it has Bluetooth 2.0. A2DP is not limited to Bluetooth 2.0. And it isn't guaranteed with 2.0 either. It's optional. Apple didn't say that it's not going to have it, but they haven't said that it will either.

Believe me, I hope I eat my words in the 29th, but I am willing to bet the price of a bluetooth adapter (even the price of an 8MB iPhone but I doubt I would get any takers) that the phone won't have it.

Because, why on EARTH whould Apple NOT advertise this outstanding feature? This isn't like vibrate. It's a fairly new feature to the phone market. Most people don't even know what bluetooth is, much less that it's possible to listen to music wirelessly. And they certainly don't know that not all bluetooth devices are capable of listening to music wirelessly. If the iPhone has the capability, why wouldn't they advertise it?

Can we get back on topic now?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Sorry. Cheese, relax. Let's stay cordial okay? I'd expect more civility from an "Evangelist".

You're right. I don't know for sure that the phone doesn't have Stereo Bluetooth. But the evidence does point more to the fact that it does not support A2DP.
How could I have been more civil? I thought I asked very nicely. I even used please twice 4 sentences ;).

People come here for information. I think it is important that will mark a difference in what is fact and what we believe. There is enough dis-information floating around with out us adding to it.

Have a nice day :).

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
How could I have been more civil? I thought I asked very nicely. I even used please twice 4 sentences ;).

People come here for information. I think it is important that will mark a difference in what is fact and what we believe. There is enough dis-information floating around with out us adding to it.

Have a nice day :).
Okay. I guess I can see that you weren't trying to be rude. But without smileys or anything, I hope you can see that it could appear that you were unduly harsh. And "Please" doesn't necessarily make something nice. The attitude of the sentence is what makes it nice. You can verbally rebuke someone very very harshly and still say the word "please." "Honey for the last time! PLEASE put the toilet seat down!" In our case the implied tone seemed to be a bit sharp, as if this wasn't the first time you asked me this.

Anyway. Let's focus on what's important, how fast to twiddle our thumbs waiting for the iPhone.