Best iPod!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Iraq IT

Dec 15, 2007
Hi Friends,

Iam new to the iPod product, i need an advice for good iPod model.

I will use it to record or listen to IT & project managrment lessons & courses.

Please advice!

Thanks!

Jun 11, 2007
Lansing, MI
www.freemod.net
are you going to use it for anything more than that? If not, I'd go for a nano. If so, then the Classics are pretty decent in storage space and get the job done. Personally, I like the iPhone, it gives me a replacement for a cell phone and an 8 gb widescreen iPod in my pocket. The classic would be a good choice for you, as far as getting your moneys worth is concerned. And then the nanois nice because it is more compact, but doesn't sacrifice any features

Iraq IT

Dec 15, 2007
are you going to use it for anything more than that? If not, I'd go for a nano. If so, then the Classics are pretty decent in storage space and get the job done. Personally, I like the iPhone, it gives me a replacement for a cell phone and an 8 gb widescreen iPod in my pocket. The classic would be a good choice for you, as far as getting your moneys worth is concerned. And then the nanois nice because it is more compact, but doesn't sacrifice any features
Thanks for your reply.

Iam instructor so i need it to store my lessons and listen to some audio lessons and may be songs.

The price isn't concern for me and i want something worth for at least 2 years in storage and features.

Do you think its worth to get iPhone insted of ipod?

Regards!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
While they come in much larger sizes, (and I realize that size may be key to you) I recommend the iPod Touch.

I have an iPhone myself, but as long as you don't need the extra features, the Touch is the way to go. It's menus are so much more easy to navigate and the UI is beautiful. However, if it is size you want, then go with either the 80 or 160 GB iPod Classic. (The iPod Touch is either 8 or 16 GB.)

Link the iPod Classic

Link to the iPod Touch

- John

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Hi Friends,

Iam new to the iPod product, i need an advice for good iPod model.

I will use it to record or listen to IT & project managrment lessons & courses.

Please advice!

Thanks!
Get an iPhone

It's an iPod AND a phone, and has an always-on internet connection.

8Gb is more than enough storage for most uses.

I have a 160G Classic that's my portable hard drive, toolkit and emergency standby. More than once I've had customers websites being served off an ipod while I re-build a RAID. If only they knew!

Iraq IT

Dec 15, 2007
While they come in much larger sizes, (and I realize that size may be key to you) I recommend the iPod Touch.

I have an iPhone myself, but as long as you don't need the extra features, the Touch is the way to go. It's menus are so much more easy to navigate and the UI is beautiful. However, if it is size you want, then go with either the 80 or 160 GB iPod Classic. (The iPod Touch is either 8 or 16 GB.)

Link the iPod Classic

Link to the iPod Touch

- John
Are the storage and touch feature the only differnce between classic and touch iPod?

I don't know what size i will get but do you know how much the audio books allocate?

Thanks for the links!

Iraq IT

Dec 15, 2007
Get an iPhone

It's an iPod AND a phone, and has an always-on internet connection.

8Gb is more than enough storage for most uses.

I have a 160G Classic that's my portable hard drive, toolkit and emergency standby. More than once I've had customers websites being served off an ipod while I re-build a RAID. If only they knew!
Can i store office files, PDF and other types in the iPod? Can i run them in the iPod?

The reason i don't want to buy iPhone is because it lack allot of features so getting iPod for 2-3 years is better than getting iPhone for 1 year, right?

Regards!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Can i store office files, PDF and other types in the iPod? Can i run them in the iPod?

The reason i don't want to buy iPhone is because it lack allot of features so getting iPod for 2-3 years is better than getting iPhone for 1 year, right?

Regards!
At the moment you can't use the iPhone as a mass storage device - but this is rumored to be on the way.

You can store office files and any other file on the iPod, but it won't run them - it's just an external drive. Until the iPhone is 100Gig and can be used as a Mass Storage Device I'll carry on carrying both.

Iraq IT

Dec 15, 2007
At the moment you can't use the iPhone as a mass storage device - but this is rumored to be on the way.

You can store office files and any other file on the iPod, but it won't run them - it's just an external drive. Until the iPhone is 100Gig and can be used as a Mass Storage Device I'll carry on carrying both.
Thats mean i can upload whatever files and programs but i cant run them? Anyway to hack and run them?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Thats mean i can upload whatever files and programs but i cant run them? Anyway to hack and run them?
That's right - the iPod just acts as a disk drive. You can do stuff with it, I have a nano that runs Linux - that works fine, but its use is limited. The iPhone is a much better platform if you want to run applications and open documents.

Iraq IT

Dec 15, 2007
That's right - the iPod just acts as a disk drive. You can do stuff with it, I have a nano that runs Linux - that works fine, but its use is limited. The iPhone is a much better platform if you want to run applications and open documents.
Can i get last advice from you? In terms of the features which iPod is the riches?

Do you have an idea how much size the e-book take?

Regarding iPone, i prefer to wait the next phone as it lack allot of features.

THnaks!

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
If you are going to get the ipod touch, then you might as well spend another hundred for the iPhone. I really like having my mp3 everywhere I go.