Best keyboard/folio for iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by bkford, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Let me start off by saying I am an Apple purist at heart. I enjoy using Apple devices as they were engineered to be used. Until this past weekend, I believed in that so much so that I have been using pouches for both my iPad and iPhone for some time - (Dodo Durables Sleeve and Sena UltraSlim respectively).

Last week Excel, Word, and Powerpoint were released for iPad. Given that the company I work with is using Office 365, i was able to leverage my corporate login for free on my iPad. With that came me finally being pushed over the edge to full embrace the Microsoft productivity suite (including OneNote and OneDrive) on my PC, Mac, and iPad. So naturally, I need an iPad Keyboard case. After some review (some meaning hours), I decided to try out the Belkin QODE Ultimate White/Aluminum iPad Air case. It doubles the weight, but so far the keyboard experience has been great. It auto-connects the keyboard when the magnets grab the bottom to form the stand which is nice. It's very easy to type on and I can type almost as fast on this one as with a regular sized keyboard. After a couple more days I may see if I want to exchange it to Best Buy for the Zagg or Logitech cases but so far i see no reason to do so.

I am intrigued by the ClamCase, but something tells me its going to be an under-featured, overpriced case,

2. Funkyg

Funkyg New Member

I keep seeing loads off adverts for the Brydgeair keyboard on my Facebook feed, and think it looks pretty awesome. Yes it's larger than a folio case but it is still very slim and makes it look like a MacBook.
    I'm going to give it as go if I can find one at a good price.

3. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

I absolutely love the Snugg 360 case for iPad Air:

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1431376484.728707.jpg

http://www.thesnugg.com/tablet-cases/apple/ipad-air/keyboard/360-black-case.aspx

Amazing price, quality, and features. It protects the back side of the iPad, so it won't get scratched. One of the best features is that the screen swivels, so you can rotate it 180 degrees and lay it flat, to use the iPad without having a keyboard in the way.

It has a matte black finish that is grippy so the iPad won't slip out of your hands.

Everyone who has seen has been very interested in it and wanted to know where to get one. They are available for iPad Air, Air2, and Mini.

4. jkingrph

jkingrph New Member

I am liking my ClamCase.

5. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

Well, after spending time with this case, I can no longer recommend it. That cool hinge ends up seizing inside the case, resulting in the metal pin supports for the hinge breaking out of their plastic holders. Since these metal pin holders inside the hinge provide the friction to allow the iPad to stay at a vertical angle, it no longer works and the iPad will not stay up. This happened after around six months.

The case is supposed to have a lifetime warranty if you register the case within a short window of time after purchase. Since I registered it, they sent me a replacement. After six months the hinge failed in exactly the same way. I received a third replacement, and again, after six months, the hinge failed in the exactly the same way.

However, this time when I called Customer Service they told me they would no longer replace it because "the lifetime warranty is really for the lifetime of the iPad Air, which they consider to be 18 months. They said customers replace their iPad Air after that time, so no replacement cases would be provided.

Well, the end of the story is good, because I did some research and found a Logitech Type + keyboard case. It is much better than the Snugg, it's lighter, and has a better keyboard. While it retails for $99, and Best Buy was selling it for $79, I picked it up NEW from an Amazon vendor for $27!!!

-rb