Best laptop for under $600

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
I'm not sure where to put this. My wifes birthday is next Tuesday and I was thinking of getting her a laptop we mostly just do web browsing and download music from limewire what be the best laptop for the money? We don't have a desktop at the house so this will be like our desktop I've looked everywhere at reviews and stuff but I'm not very computer savvy and I know there are several of you that know a thing or two about computer so if you had to buy a laptop and only had $600 to spend and it was going to be used as your only computer what would you buy thank you guys very much sorry for the long post. BTW it doesn't have to me a mac.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I'm not sure where to put this. My wifes birthday is next Tuesday and I was thinking of getting her a laptop we mostly just do web browsing and download music from limewire what be the best laptop for the money? We don't have a desktop at the house so this will be like our desktop I've looked everywhere at reviews and stuff but I'm not very computer savvy and I know there are several of you that know a thing or two about computer so if you had to buy a laptop and only had $600 to spend and it was going to be used as your only computer what would you buy thank you guys very much sorry for the long post. BTW it doesn't have to me a mac.
Hey PC laptops have great resale value
i suggest doing a search on craigslist
barely used laptops with great specs you can find for only 500 dollars
that is what i got my wife last year
and it worked out great
just get one that they still have the box ;)

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
See not computer savvy what do you mean by pc laptop is that the brand? What kind did you get your wife?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Get an HP or a Dell in your price range and you should be pretty good to go. Toshibas are nice in that price range as well. I'd avoid any other PC laptop manufacturers really (pc meaning anything running xp or vista)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The one you can afford. Probably any of their models would suit you based on your description of your needs.