Best method to jailbreak iPhone on 2.2 firmware

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
i'm wanting to jailbreak my phone, but i've seen several threads where it talks about they're having trouble with it and going through all this hoopflah.. anyways i was wondering if yall can direct me to sites and stuff that you've used yourself and had no problems with.. my phone is unlocked and was jailbroken at one time, then i upgraded, kept me unlocked but made the jailbreak go away

i'm currently using the 2.2 software

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
On a windows use quickpwn.com download the program and the the 2.2 firmware. Plug the phone in and go to task manager. Then disable all of the program that have to do with Apple or iPod. Then just run the program and follow the directions. It is very easy and takes about 6 minutes. If you have any problems leave the phone plugged in and do not close any windows. Just come back here for help.

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
when i unlocked i got it from askdavetaylor.com and i still have everything downloaded onto my computer so could i just use that.. without having to go through the whole unlocking process again? if so could you help me on where i should start

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Sorry I could not help with the unlocking. Are you on a V1 phone? If so I'm pretty sure that quickpwn will unlock it as well. I do not know much about unlocking.

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
sorry that was a little confusing.. but i think i got it.. its preparing for jailbreaking right now.. ill post when it finnishes.. but why i'm waiting can you tell me some of the advantages of jailbreaking and how to use cydia

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
when i opened cydia it says
not all of the packages available via cydia are designed to be used by all users. please categorize yourself so that cydia can apply helpful filters

which should i click

user
hacker
developer

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
User. Is the easiest. Hacker gives you a little more options and gives you some things that you don't need to change or mess with. Programer is for people who do the most technological stuff. I use hacker. Add the steffwitz source and then go into changes and select all sources that will fill all the categories up full of new stuff.