Best Place To Buy the iPhone On Launch Day

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What's the best place to get the iPhone on launch day?

• Apple Store

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • AT&T Store

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Apple Store Online

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • AT&T Online

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm wondering if the individual stores will sell out and it might be a wise move to order online w/ FEDEX overnight delivery. My guess is that Apple.com will have these in large quantities. Question is...can I wait a day. Do I risk missing the sure thing for an extra day with the iPhone.:sick:

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
AT&T store is the place to be. The Apple store near me is always mobed, even when nothing exciting has come out in months. On the flip side there are like 10 Cingular stores in a 20 mile radius.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
AT&T store is the place to be. The Apple store near me is always mobed, even when nothing exciting has come out in months. On the flip side there are like 10 Cingular stores in a 20 mile radius.
I agree (and so does Steve Jobs):p, looks like AT&T stores are the way to go if you want a B&M. I remember a few sites had maps of locations/stock for Wii/PS3's. I'm already starting to map out my AT&T stores.

Anyone know where I can get some cheap concrete jungle camping gear. My needs are minimal.:)

-Chris

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I'm already starting to map out my AT&T stores.
I did the same thing earlier today. Since only corporately owned AT&T stores are supposed to get the iPhone, how do you tell the difference. I did a search on AT&T's site for store locations near me. The list has two types: "Cingular Wireless" and "Cingular Wireless Authorized Retailer." Can I safely assume that the ones labeled "Cingular Wireless" are corporate stores and the others are not?

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Can I safely assume that the ones labeled "Cingular Wireless" are corporate stores and the others are not?
I believe so.

I'm either buying mine online from Apple.com or at the Apple store depending on when it is finally released and the launch details. If they offer preordering online, then I'll buy from Apple.com with overnight shipping. :)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I believe so.

I'm either buying mine online from Apple.com or at the Apple store depending on when it is finally released and the launch details. If they offer preordering online, then I'll buy from Apple.com with overnight shipping. :)
Same here. I asked my local Cingular store if they would have the iPhone during or shortly after the release date and they said no, and they said they didn't know of any other Cingular stores in the area that would.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I'm wondering if the individual stores will sell out and it might be a wise move to order online w/ FEDEX overnight delivery. My guess is that Apple.com will have these in large quantities. Question is...can I wait a day. Do I risk missing the sure thing for an extra day with the iPhone.:sick:
If you are able to pre-order you might be able to get it the same day it is available in the stores, if they are working the iPhone the same way. I was able to do that when I purchased Panther. :)

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
My concern is if there's any hassel setting up or transferring my cingular account/SIM card, or WHATEVER to the iPhone. If I'm in the store (Apple or AT&T/Cingular), chances are someone there can help me trouble shoot.

Jun 2, 2007
The Magic of the Apple Store

For me, its going to be the actual Apple store, because nothing compares to being completely surrounded by all the beautiful products

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
My concern is if there's any hassel setting up or transferring my cingular account/SIM card, or WHATEVER to the iPhone. If I'm in the store (Apple or AT&T/Cingular), chances are someone there can help me trouble shoot.
I wouldn't worry about that too much. If you get the iPhone from the online store and have a problem setting it up you can always go to an Apple or AT&T store for assistance. I think getting an iPhone will be the most difficult part of the entire process.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
IMO it is going to be an extreme challenge for those Apple geeks at the stores to know how Cingular plans operate, considering the guys at Cingular barely have a clue!:p

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
You should be able to simply transfer your SIM card over to the iPhone and voila! Regardless, IMO the main problem will be getting the iPhone itself.

nvenice

May 31, 2007
under a rock
I don't know.... I'm starting to think that all of the brouhaha over whether or not there will be too few phones is getting out of control. I'm going to (possibly foolishly, I'll admit) believe Jobs when he says there will be enough phones to fulfill demand. That said, I'll get mine at ATT so I don't have to mess around with setting it up myself.

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
I don't know.... I'm starting to think that all of the brouhaha over whether or not there will be too few phones is getting out of control. I'm going to (possibly foolishly, I'll admit) believe Jobs when he says there will be enough phones to fulfill demand. That said, I'll get mine at ATT so I don't have to mess around with setting it up myself.
Agreed. :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
At&t store is my only option unless we can pre-order them and expect them to arrive the same day or earlier. No Apple stores in my town and I don't feel like driving to Atlanta to get one.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I'll be at an Apple store (Lenox in Atl) first. I figure they'll probably have a better stock, and I don't need service (I already switched to Cingular when Jobs announced the iPhone) so I can just pop in my SIM card and go!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'll be at an Apple store (Lenox in Atl) first. I figure they'll probably have a better stock, and I don't need service (I already switched to Cingular when Jobs announced the iPhone) so I can just pop in my SIM card and go!
But there might be a data plan requirement to purchase the phone.:eek: I think you'll find that all Apple stores will be selling At&t plans now as At&t agents. That's why At&t had to work on their signal at all Apple Store locations before the release.