Best RES for photos in iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Hi, just wondering. I've been converting the best shots from recent trips, and would like to keep an album on the device. Converting from RAW Nikon NEF files (15mg) to jpg. What is the RES setting to use for export to the iPhone that still shows adequate detail, but keeps the size down? I'm using LightRoom.

Thanks!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'm pretty sure that no matter what size you make them, iTunes will convert them to the size for the iPhone so I don't think it matters what size you choose. I'm not sure exactly what this size is, but my guess is 2MP is probably a good bet.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
That's good to know - thanks! So if I sync iTunes with the photo folder where I keep my jpg conversions, it will handle resizing for me?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Which sucks because you can zoom in far enough to see the degradation... though I've seen worse conversions. 1:1 image transfer would be cool to show off that screen innit.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
That's good to know - thanks! So if I sync iTunes with the photo folder where I keep my jpg conversions, it will handle resizing for me?
Are you using a Windows machine? I've never synced my photos using a Windows machine so I'm not sure about the whole "folder" thing. On a Mac you sync whichever iPhoto libraries you want to and it syncs them and converts them to the appropriate size. I've done it with quite a few albums already.

I do with there was a 1:1 as well. But I guess we can keep wishing.