best ringtone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pcar993

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
the ringtone search is really lousy on the iTunes store. i'd like to get some ringtones and trying to find some popular ones. anyone have some they particularly like.

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
well theres quite a few programs out there that let you create your own. i would recommend just getting one of those programs and choosing whatever it is you want. instead of being held hostage by the choices on iTunes that is.

pcar993

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
yes, i know there are programs, but each time an udpate is released it seems to screw them up. the 99cents doesn't bother me, i'd rather be able to use the ringtone. so yes, i'm sorta looking for iTunes ringtones...

and i wish iTunes had a better search engine for ringtones and perhaps even those that are popular...

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yes, i know there are programs, but each time an udpate is released it seems to screw them up. the 99cents doesn't bother me, i'd rather be able to use the ringtone. so yes, i'm sorta looking for iTunes ringtones...

and i wish iTunes had a better search engine for ringtones and perhaps even those that are popular...
am i missing something or..

can't you just download the song you want, and then crop it with the ringtone feature? sure it will cost .99x2(plus tax) but you could always do that right?

and if you think about it, this is better than other phones where you buy from your service provider, even though with other phones, you can get programs to make your own :< or go to a free ringtone site..

but anyway, my current ringtone is: "My Sharona" redone by The Number 12 Looks Like You

EvilRufusKay

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007

What sux is that many older tunes on iTunes cannot be made into ringtones using the rotten Apple software. In addition, if you want to make a ringtone out of a section of a song you HAVE to insert at least .5 sec of silence. Utter BS!

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
What sux is that many older tunes on iTunes cannot be made into ringtones using the rotten Apple software. In addition, if you want to make a ringtone out of a section of a song you HAVE to insert at least .5 sec of silence. Utter BS!
sounds like your talking about fade in which you can turn off btw.

EvilRufusKay

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
sounds like your talking about fade in which you can turn off btw.
No I turned fade in / out off. To loop a small section you are required to insert some silence. The reason it sux is that to make a loop and keep it on time musically inserting silence skrews it up. Thanks though.

EvilRufusKay

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Yeah I just DLed a butt-ton of music on iTunes and none of the songs I picked are able to be made into ringtones, which I find hard to believe.
It kills me... I sent emails asking for refund but no fing reply. It would be nice if they at least had a tag that said ringtone -yes or No fing way!