Best RSS reader?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Can someone please help me make a decision, I've been staring at the app store for over a month trying to buy an rss reader and can't make up my mind, which is your favorite rss reader and why!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
hehehe chris.

No Marianne, I don't use google reader, although I would like the app to have that option, I just want something that works well, I can organize feeds, do a search not by just URL, I was looking at byline, reader, rss flash and news Rack, all of them are comparable with read it later which is good since I own the app.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I use Pulse. Mainly because it has photos for the topics. Sometimes I review the photo and may not necessarily read the article. Sad, I know, but...

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I got pulse too, i just want something with a cleaner UI. Good for free, even thou I paid 1.99 for it when it first came out.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
hey, she doesn't show up for the podcast don't look at me 

has it ever give you any trouble?
Reader that is.
should I bite and get it over with?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Byline is also not a bad choice. Reeder is a very minimalist interface and that might not appeal to everyone. Byline is more "icony".:D Both are driven by a Google Reader account. If you are ok with setting up a Google Reader account, then either would be a good choice.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I don't look much reviews anymore, so that's not a problem, I feel like it's a mob out there with people trying to kill a product for the benefit of their own. As far as reeder that's what kept me from buying it, the UI, but if it works I have no problems with it.
I just went troughs my password app and I did set up a google reeder account a while back so I'm good.
Byline I tried the universal version a while back and wasn't impress.
So I hope Marianne agrees with you because I'm going with reeder, out of the two it looks more promising.
We have a winner :)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I've played with it for about 15 minutes so far and I got to admit I love it, that little read icon to the top right it's a nice surprise.
It loads surprisingly fast.
I take it back what I said about the UI, I'm glad I bought it.

fjclaus

Bronze
Dec 8, 2009
I've been using MobileRSS for a while now and it's a good reader for free, but I'd like to know more about Reeder. How much is it on the app store and how does it compare to MobileRSS?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
The only problem I see with reeder is that you can't add/delete subscriptions, that's a bummer because the app is almost perfect, I can still use yreader to add feeds from the iPhone, hopefully a future update adds this feature.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I was late getting back to the party! :( I was going to recommend Reeder as well. I have tried Byline, The Early Edition, Feeddler, NetNewsWire, and NewsRack as well. Reeder replaced ByLine, my previous favorite, a few months ago since it's faster and cleaner. feedly is another one that just went free in the App Store that I downloaded. It doesn't require a Google Reader account and has an interface suited to more casual browsing.

Chris: My bad for not coming back to this thread quickly enough. You have escaped retribution for semi-hijacking it. For now. :)