Best screen protector for iPhone 5s?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
If you are interested in having a screen protector for your iPhone 5S, I would recommend the Otterbox Defender. It is a little expensive, however you get free replacements for life if there is any issue.

As for the blocking of the finger scanner, I just got confirmation that the Otterbox Defender does not.

"No, it does have an opening to allow full access to the finger scanner."

If you do not like bulkiness in the Defender case, they do have others. For me, I have used the Otterbox Defender ever since I started with my first iPhone. I will not ever go get any other case. I have dropped my iPhone several times from sitting in a chair, low distances to the ground. Most would think something to the iPhone may occur. But actually, in my instances, my iPhone 5 still looks brand new. :)

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
@MoneyMaker79

My hubby got the Defender for his iPhone 5s and there is an opening for the fingerprint sensor.

Here is the link to the page:

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-5/5S-Defender-Series-Case/apl2-iphone-5s-set,default,pd.html

If you click on the picture of the case you can see the litle hold at the bottom where the home button is. It is open ready for use with the fingerprint sensor. They show the case with the White iPhone and it's hard to see the difference but if you click on the blak case below the picture you can see the opening clearly.

It is a good case. Very durable and protects the iPhone 5s soo well. My hubby is happy with it since Speck Tough Skin isn't what it used to be. The one Speck offers for the iPhone 5 is not as good as the old one for the 4s and he went with the Otterbox Defender instead.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
As for a screen protector for the iPhone 5s that won't interfere wit the fingerprint sensor, I use SGP's Oleophobic screenprotector on my iPhone 5s. I have been using SPG screen protectors for years on my iPhones and iPads. Most screen protectors have a cut out around the home button.

It'e easy installation and protects the screen from scratches and bumps very well. When you install it, you cannot even tell it's there. You can't see it unless you look around the front facing camera and earphone holes and you cannot feel it at all. It's crystal clear and smooth.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
@MoneyMaker79

My hubby got the Defender for his iPhone 5s and there is an opening for the fingerprint sensor.

Here is the link to the page:

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-5/5S-Defender-Series-Case/apl2-iphone-5s-set,default,pd.html

If you click on the picture of the case you can see the litle hold at the bottom where the home button is. It is open ready for use with the fingerprint sensor. They show the case with the White iPhone and it's hard to see the difference but if you click on the blak case below the picture you can see the opening clearly.

It is a good case. Very durable and protects the iPhone 5s soo well. My hubby is happy with it since Speck Tough Skin isn't what it used to be. The one Speck offers for the iPhone 5 is not as good as the old one for the 4s and he went with the Otterbox Defender instead.
That is fantastic to hear. I myself have been happy with the Otterbox Defender ever since I have started with it. Their customer service is also very amazing.

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I agree with the Otterbox Defender. I've had every iPhone since the 3GS and have had a Defender on each of them. That case has saved me several times on each phone from having to get an expensive repair or to have to replace a phone. Their only drawback is the bulk, it is a little harder to slip the phone in and out of a pocket if you choose not to use the snap in belt clip.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I agree with the Otterbox Defender. I've had every iPhone since the 3GS and have had a Defender on each of them. That case has saved me several times on each phone from having to get an expensive repair or to have to replace a phone. Their only drawback is the bulk, it is a little harder to slip the phone in and out of a pocket if you choose not to use the snap in belt clip.
That's a case, not a screen protector (technically) ;)