Best screen protector?

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I bought a cheap one that worked great, but for this new 3GS, I want to get the consensus best.

I already started a thread about the case...so I wanted to start this about the protector...

What do you guys recommend?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I got the anti glare ones from Apple and they are great. They protect from smudges and fingerprints and you never have problems moving your finger around on the screen. It came with 2 so I still have a new one for my 3GS.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I got the anti glare ones from Apple and they are great. They protect from smudges and fingerprints and you never have problems moving your finger around on the screen. It came with 2 so I still have a new one for my 3GS.
I just ordered mine from Apple.com yesterday. I assume they last a long time and rarely need replacing?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I just ordered mine yesterday. I assume they last a long time and rarely need replacing?
I ordered my incase slider and screen protectors from Apple in early December and haven't needed or wanted a different case. And I have never replaced the screen protector since I put it on.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Does the screen protector scratch at all? Or is it that good? Can you link me to the exact one you got?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA

rarity

Bronze
Nov 9, 2008
Sunshine State
I have an anti-glare from Apple and it rocks. I can't remember which company makes it. It's got a nice matte finish.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I had purchased the invisibleSHEILD whole body case for my v1 but never put it on...so I"m selling it with the phone.

My point in telling you guys that is: they also make a front-only screen protector. zagg.com

What do you guys think between that and the Apple anti-glare one?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I had purchased the invisibleSHEILD whole body case for my v1 but never put it on...so I"m selling it with the phone.

My point in telling you guys that is: they also make a front-only screen protector. zagg.com

What do you guys think between that and the Apple anti-glare one?
I have heard those zagg ones are very hard to get on and aren't always perfect. I like the anti glare the best because not only is it good for in the sun it doesn't get any fingerprints on it which as they state "Provides traction for improved responsiveness" so your finger doesn't hesitate to move on the glass.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
OK, sold. $50 more out of my pocket combined incase/anti-glare it looks like.

Do we get 2 w/ the anti-glare?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Got the one I'm using now for $0.99 LOL from one of the guys in the mall. Guess I'll step up!

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
OK guys, I'm starting this again because in the other forum, everyone was trashing anti-glare as being really grainy.

Should I go with (a) Apple anti-glare (b) Apple crystal or (c) zagg.com invisibleSHEILD front only?

RRlocoENGR

Bronze
Jun 15, 2009
I bought a cheap one that worked great, but for this new 3GS, I want to get the consensus best.

I already started a thread about the case...so I wanted to start this about the protector...

What do you guys recommend?
I am a newby to the forum and to the iPhone. I have my 3GS coming Friday (or when it gets here) and I have already odered and received my Richard/Solo case and battery backup.

I am awaiting the arrival of a inexpensive set of 3 mirrored screen protectors off Ebay. I may be disappointed, but this is what I am trying first in the way of screen protectors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270397944207

Good day!:laugh2: