Best site to sell your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnrwi12, Jul 9, 2012.

1. johnrwi12

johnrwi12 New Member

i'm looking to get a new iPhone so I wanna sell my old one. I used BuyBackZone to sell my old Ipad because they gave me the best offer at the time. I'll probably go through them again unless i can find a site that'll offer me more for my iPhone. is there a better site?

#1 johnrwi12, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Craigslist usually worked for me until I moved to KY I couldn't have give it away .......I used Amazon last time for a credit.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Have you tried Craigslist for your area to sell your iPhone in, or even better, eBay? I've sold a lot on eBay, including my old iPhones. I received a pretty nice amount from the buyer. I used auction style.

4. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

I sold my 3GS on Facebook Marketplace. Got a good price. :)

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Haven't used Facebook Marketplace before. Does it have similar protection from non paying buyers and such, like eBay?

6. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Not that I know of, but you can limit your listings or searches to "friends of friends" or "friends only", etc. which I like because you can ask that mutual friend about the person you are buying from or selling to. I had success with it, but I am unsure what others' track records are with it.

7. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Is the OP really banned or is that their avatar?

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

They are really banned. Did some covert research and it appears they are not joining for the right reasons. Discussion was worthy of keeping open, so banned OP and left thread in tact. Quite a few other forums are letting him spam. I nipped it in the bud. That stuff don't fly here at eiC.

9. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Nice! Good detective work! :)

10. bilkal828

bilkal828 New Member

Good job snoop-a-loop!

I think Craigslist is the way to go. "Flea-Bay" has put a bad taste in my mouth for selling stuff. Seems that unless you are a power seller, you get raked over the coals in fees, and they make it hard to get your money.

11. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

I read a lot of people write about swappa, or something along those lines. I have never used it myself, I think it's a site for "better condition" used phones.

12. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

While this article, How to sell your iPad, is more geared towards the iPad... I think it's just as relevant for selling an iPhone.

#12 chris, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

14. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

Craigslist

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Craigslist is alright, I've used it before. But be aware that it can be dangerous meeting strangers in person. Always meet them in or at a public place.

If not Craigslist, eBay is the best, and you have protection if the buyer does not pay.

16. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I just sold my unlocked iPhone 4 on Craigslist for $250. Sold every iPhone I've owned at upgrade time on Craig's and haven't paid a penny for an upgrade since I got the original iPhone. :)