Best Stereo Bluetooth Headset (see post)!

nasdq1

Mar 30, 2008
Best Stereo Bluetooth 2.0 Headset (see post)!

I have asked a lot of questions, now to give something back.

The Plantronics Pulsar 590A, over the head, headset is AWESOME!

I have used it two months now, 6 hours per day, in the office and in my car
and best of all WORKING OUT!

IF you plug the 'donegal' bluetooth transmitter into the headset jack, you can listen to the iTunes/iPod function of your iPhone, handsfree in stereo, and it will interrupt you to give you a choice if you want to take an incoming call. Works great for outgoing calls.

You can also plug the 'donegal' bluetooth transmitter into almost anything that takes a headphone jack! (like a radio, iPod, Exercsize machine, TV, etc.)

My daughter uses it on my iPhone, and is ordering one for her BB. Mkt about $130, Sharper image, and On Line. (The 'A' model includes the bluetooth 'donegal' transmitter)

Review with Pictures: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/339/1/

and: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips...ulsar-590A.htm

CNET: http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/pla...-31512239.html

(only bad review from someone who bought the wrong model)

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
And I thought Donegal was a County in Ireland

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm wondering how you're listening to an iPhone in stereo when the iPhone doesn't have A2DP. It sounds like you've found a good work-a-round, but it would have to be simulated stereo at best.

nasdq1

Mar 30, 2008
it is a workaround

I'm wondering how you're listening to an iPhone in stereo when the iPhone doesn't have A2DP. It sounds like you've found a good work-a-round, but it would have to be simulated stereo at best.

It is a workaround, but it is exactly the same as plugging wired stereo
headphones into the same input plug. Works great, does not sound simulated
to me . . . .

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
well it has to be because A2DP is required to send a two-channel stereo signal to a wireless headset or stereo. We were all bummed by this when bluetooth specs were finally released last June.

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
So, you basically have to keep those big headphones on your head ?

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
well it has to be because A2DP is required to send a two-channel stereo signal to a wireless headset or stereo. We were all bummed by this when bluetooth specs were finally released last June.
Dude, it's not really a workaround, he's just using a dongle...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Dude, it's not really a workaround, he's just using a dongle...
you don't get it. The iPhone can't transmit stereo over bluetooth in its current state. IF he's listening to music from the iPhone through a dongle or whatever, it's still not in stereo.

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
you don't get it. The iPhone can't transmit stereo over bluetooth in its current state. IF he's listening to music from the iPhone through a dongle or whatever, it's still not in stereo.
Yes, it is. The dongle is transmitting a stereo bluetooth signal. It has nothing specifically to do with the iPhone itself. It's basically like the Logitech Freepulse headphones. You have the little bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the headphone jack, which transmits stereo bluetooth to the headset.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yes, it is. The dongle is transmitting a stereo bluetooth signal. It has nothing specifically to do with the iPhone itself. It's basically like the Logitech Freepulse headphones. You have the little bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the headphone jack, which transmits stereo bluetooth to the headset.
Okay. I see what you mean now. The dongle is transmitting the bluetooth signal and the dongle does transmit in the A2DP profile.

I never said anything I couldn't take back. :oops:

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
No worries mate. Just looking to clear up confusion whenever possible. ;)
As I understand it, the Logitech Freepulse heaphones were absolutely fantastic, but for some reason they were discontinued at my store where I work, no idea why. I guess they always got amazing reviews, and at least were always flying off the shelves.