Best store to pre order?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 1, 2007
I called AT&T , the lady said she was nowhere near filled out on preorders and that they normally sell out within 3 days. She said I could come back tomorrow and possibly get one on launch. I called WalMart they knew nothing about pre orders and then I talked to a manager. He said.. "whatever fedex delivers , well most likely have them after the phones out *laughs*). he had no idea. so if WalMart does by chance get the pre order slips tomorrow, what is the better place to pre order? AT*T or WalMart?

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
With the level of product awareness the "manager" displayed, do you really want to put your chances of getting an iPhone 5 on Walmart?
I would be worried.
I would not trust CSR's on the phone either for something like this.
I would recommend going to your carrier's corporate store and asking them. See what kind of line they had last year, or if they will let you preorder from them and pick up on launch day....

Aug 1, 2007
With the level of product awareness the "manager" displayed, do you really want to put your chances of getting an iPhone 5 on Walmart?
I would be worried.
I would not trust CSR's on the phone either for something like this.
I would recommend going to your carrier's corporate store and asking them. See what kind of line they had last year, or if they will let you preorder from them and pick up on launch day....
Well, my problem is I would be without a phone for a week. Walmart, I would be without a phone for a day or two as I could just list my phone on craigslist and sell it. I'm starting to wonder if this upgrade is even worth all the hassle from the 4S LOL!

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
My AT&T store said all pre orders are 2-3 weeks shipping now. (yesterday 6pm) my local best buy said pre orders are not guaranteed, just as they come in, you get one. :-0

Aug 1, 2007
My AT&T store said all pre orders are 2-3 weeks shipping now. (yesterday 6pm) my local best buy said pre orders are not guaranteed, just as they come in, you get one. :-0
I live in a pretty small town at the moment. not insanely small, but small enough. lol.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I really think people want to get a feel and hold the new the iPhone in there hand before buying,all the tech guys who were at the launch say its light and it doesn't feel as solid as the 4s, I'm already down for one on the 21st just hope it's as good as it looks..gonna keep hold of my 4s in case I return the new ip5..

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Aug 1, 2007
I really think people want to get a feel and hold the new the iPhone in there hand before buying,all the tech guys who were at the launch say its light and it doesn't feel as solid as the 4s, I'm already down for one on the 21st just hope it's as good as it looks..gonna keep hold of my 4s in case I return the new ip5..

Ah.. I don't really mind what it feels like. I've never been disappointed with an iPhone yet, so I'm sure this one won't be any different. Just the upgrade price of 506 dollars total.. yikes! Gotta sell an old 22" HDTV I got last year that I never use to make up for the 140 dollar difference (activation fee).

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Ah.. I don't really mind what it feels like. I've never been disappointed with an iPhone yet, so I'm sure this one won't be any different. Just the upgrade price of 506 dollars total.. yikes! Gotta sell an old 22" HDTV I got last year that I never use to make up for the 140 dollar difference (activation fee).
I'm in the uk and getting a 32gb ip5 down payment of £89 and then it's £31 a month for 18months you get 5000 mins and unlimited texts and unlimited data for that every month,but I'm having to sell my iPhone4s to do a but out of my current contract, exspensive hobbie keeping up with the Apple releases..