Best video converter for the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Hey all.

Looking to convert some videso (.divx, .avi etc.) to an iPhone compatible file. Whats the best program for this? Most of the ones I found only allow 5 minutes or simply won't work at all.

Jul 31, 2007
i love handbrake, so far no probs at all and quality is great
Handbrake doesn't convert .avi, .divx for iPhone... it's for converting DVDs over.

Pay a little more attention to the question before answering.

And GizmoDVD it would help if you mentioned what platform you're on. (mac, pc?)

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Handbrake doesn't convert .avi, .divx for iPhone... it's for converting DVDs over.

Pay a little more attention to the question before answering.

And GizmoDVD it would help if you mentioned what platform you're on. (mac, pc?)
I am running Vista.

LionelHutz

Sep 5, 2007
I am running Vista.
. . . me too, and I had some strange problems with Videora, which I had used for quite a long time on XP. Handbrake worked fine for me on Vista, but for some reason Videora would crash to desktop every time I tried to run it. I suspect it is not Vista itself, but something else in the background on my PC causing the problem. Anyone else with Videora and Vista have any problems?

trinic101

Sep 15, 2007
. . . me too, and I had some strange problems with Videora, which I had used for quite a long time on XP. Handbrake worked fine for me on Vista, but for some reason Videora would crash to desktop every time I tried to run it. I suspect it is not Vista itself, but something else in the background on my PC causing the problem. Anyone else with Videora and Vista have any problems?
Not with Vista (although i had it and reverted back to XP because i hated it) but with XP and Videora, i had the same issues, every single time i would try and open it, it would error and take me back to my desktop, i googled the crap out of it but no cigar...

sucks because i had heard some pretty good things about and had no luck with other software

i myself have tried several programs but kinda just gave up because nothing compressed the files nor did they play well on my phone

i tried started a couple posts previously to get help but nobody assisted me on it since i guess they assumed i didn't use the search feature

goodluck tho man, i hear cucusoft is good but i haven't put out the money to purchase it yet
and i kno handbrake doesn't suit your needs but it deserves a plug since its gr8 at what it does.

applecart

Bronze
Oct 13, 2007
miami, fl
hello all. i take the dvd and use dvd/decrypter firts, followed by handbrake. but having final conversion problems with any dvd that has rce. any thoughts/suggestions on what can fix hb? thanks.

Oct 9, 2007
Hi guys

I just tried Videora and everything seemed to be working fine until I noticed it was using up my processor at 99%. Not wanting to fry my PC I aborted the operation. Any suggestions orany recommendations for another converter for PC? I don't mind paying as long as it works.
Thanks

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Hi guys

I just tried Videora and everything seemed to be working fine until I noticed it was using up my processor at 99%. Not wanting to fry my PC I aborted the operation. Any suggestions orany recommendations for another converter for PC? I don't mind paying as long as it works.
Thanks
i think that's pretty typical. Even iTunes uses that much when it's importing Cds.