Best video converter for the iPhone?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Do most of these converters listed work on both iPhone and iPhone 3G? If not, can someone post a suggestion for a converter for iPhone 3G?

Thanks!
Yes they do. The screen on the new iPhone 3G is the exact same size as the first iPhone. I bought Cucusoft about a year ago when i got the first iPhone. I now have the 3G and it works great.

xtnod

Aug 7, 2008
Well, I personally use/test a lot of software. Of course it depends on what you are aiming for.

If your going to "backup" the DVD first then convert it from one to another you'll obviously be using more than one program.

Here is the list / order I use:

1. Magic DVD Ripper to "backup" my DVD.
2. Handbrake to convert the VOB file.

I sometimes will use TMPGEnc to convert it to MPG, then use Handbrake into H.264(also known to many as MP4). And then of course there is cropping/editing, but that's beyond what this is addressing :)

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Hi guys

I just tried Videora and everything seemed to be working fine until I noticed it was using up my processor at 99%. Not wanting to fry my PC I aborted the operation. Any suggestions orany recommendations for another converter for PC? I don't mind paying as long as it works.
Thanks
that's one thing that sucks about videora. it makes your pc a dinosaur.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
For Handbrake, you can customize the conversion. You can convert it to iPhone, which is what I did and the quality is just fine on my MacBook Pro when I view it on iTunes and AMAZING when I play it on my iPhone. Handbrake is definitely the best.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
so link above is virus or something? - if so, please delete
Banned user?

Also, any programs that crop the actual picture, not the black border above and below the picture on some dvds.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Also, is the reso 320 x 480 (my wall paper size)?
Or what size should i do?
Any program that you can choose custom resos, so i can do a 320 x 480 and also crop the actual pic :)

mrcort

Jul 12, 2009
I have used cucusoft too, works great although had to update to the latest version to get it to work properly...

B

brong1234

Hey..How about **spam link removed*** ? I've been use this for a long time. Works well!