Best Way To Order iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by topcat84, Sep 3, 2014.

1. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys!!
    I'll be ordering the new iPhone 6 and was curious as to the various options on ordering a new phone. In the past I'd get up at 3am EST and use my laptop computer while speed dialing my provider, AT&T, in hopes of obtaining it. I've been successful every time, but sometimes it might take 2 hours or more. I've also seen on the forum that some buyers prefer to use an Apple app to purchase. What's your thoughts on the best and most efficient way to order? Thanks in advance!! Cheers!!

2. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

3. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Camp

4. stlcheer

stlcheer Member
    Bronze

App

Sent using iCafe app

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I would say to use the app if you've had trouble in the past online. I myself always use online and order the second it becomes available.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I usually order online. But what happens is, I end up calling Verizon to ask a question and they offer to help me get it ordered. That's on contract.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Every time I order online I worry it won't let me use my upgrade. I forget how it works as I haven't had to upgrade obviously since the 5. Hopefully this order goes smoothly.

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I used the app to order the 5 and it was flawless and done within 10 minutes after pre-orders started.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The apple store app? Was it easy? It already knew you had an upgrade available?

10. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Yes, the Apple Store app. You pick the carrier first and then enter the number, last of of the social from the account holder and billing zip code. If I recall correctly it provides the options on the 2 year contract. The Next plan wasn't available 2 years ago so I don't know what it asks now.

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Ok, cool. I may try the app this time 'round.

12. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Just make sure you're logged into the app first before ordering so it saves a few steps.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

For sure. :)

14. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I went through AT&T for the 4 and the Apple store app was much quicker and easier on the 5. I'll be using the Apple store app again this year.

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I've gone through online, and it was fine..besides being stressful and heart beating to beat people.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I hope they do preorders with launch-day delivery this year. They did that for the 3GS, 4, 4S and 5, but not for the 5s. I stood in line for the 3G (four hours) and 5s (twelve hours) since they weren't doing launch-day delivery for either of those models and it's a drag compared to waiting at home for FedEx/UPS.

Orders go through faster on the App Store app then they do on Apple's website, so download it and have it ready to go. Have your credit card on file as well so you can skip that step. It verifies your account with your carrier and gives subsidy discounts if you're eligible. If you're prepared, you can have your order placed as soon as one minute of preorders starting. Otherwise it can take several minutes. If the orders hang due to Apple's servers being overloaded, as was the case with the iPhone 4, ordering can take several hours with hundreds of timed-out attempts. Most of the time, my order is placed within a minute or two, but it took me about six solid hours to get my iPhone 4 ordered. Ordering through the app is the preferred method since it's the fastest. The popular models and colors can sell out quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Speed-dialing? As in via voice telephone call? :eek:

If you're already going to be on your laptop (see below), why not open another tab on your browser and point it to AT&T's website, and order there?

What others have said thus far is exactly right. The app is the fastest way to order the new iPhone. It will still involve the nasty wake-up at 3AM EDT, sorry to tell you. That app is right here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id375380948?mt=8

Alternately, you could pack your go-bag and join these folks right now [Not recommended. Seriously.]

18. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I just got here to look if a thread was started on "How will you get your phone". I prefer to set the alarm clock and get up and pre order.
    Last year I went to At&T and got the phones since there was no pre-order.
    My questions are: I got to get more then 1 phone? Do you order separate or on 1 ticket? I might have to go back to store for 1 phone since the contract is not out until the 21st. The other 2 I am good to go through Apple.
    I probably use iPad and Mac same time to order which either I get through faster. I really hope we do pre-orders!
    Anyone thinks release date is the 19th? I am leaving at around noon that day for NYC.
    If we get the pre-order option I should be fine, it will be here before 10.30am. If I have to go to store I better get up early! They moved the store too it's now outside waiting now. And I got to be back home at noon! Grab my bags the hubby and get the kid and leave. Then I need to take dogs a day early to dog sitter too.

19. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I've done probably all of the methods since the first iPhone. Camping, ordering online through AT&T, ordering online with Verizon, and ordering online through Apple's website. The easiest for me was actually the Verizon website with the iPhone 4. Now that I'm back with AT&T, I'll probably have both the Apple website, the AT&T website, and the App going all at once. I'm not subsidizing my phone so it really doesn't matter.

20. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I never got it through the AT&T website. People always had so much trouble with that. And if it releases on the 19th I need to be sure I get it before I leave . My trusted neighbor is not home either :( .