Best websites for Apps recommendations/reviews etc.?

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I know I saw a post a while back on this subject but I cannot find it for the life of me.

Can people please post some good websites to get info on new apps, apps suggestions, reviews on apps etc etc

The iTunes App Store is so difficult to navigate to find things...

I've tried:
appshopper.com
148apps.com
...both good

any others?

Thanks EIC

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
TUAW are good for iPhone and all things Mac.
Apple iPhone School are very strong on jailbreak apps coverage
KRAPPS covers the 'outer boundaries' of the App Store with huge style and humor
iPhone Central (part of Macworld) do some good reviews

And - shameless plug alert - my site does some top-notch reviews as well

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
and there's always youtube. at the very least you'll be able to see the app in action.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The Dev will usually have someone to review the app on Youtube.

What you could do, is search on here, some people may have reviewed a few apps or iPhone products on here that you maybe interested in.

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
THANKS you guys for the suggestions! Any others please post on this thread.

What do you guys do to find cool apps?

I find it so frustrating that there are hundreds upon hundreds of Apps in the store and it is impossible to search through them and find things you may use and like ..I really hope they come up with a better way to search more thoroughly through all the apps.

I've had an iPhone since my v1 and I only have about 15 apps give or take..most I found through the "top 25" but I know there are A LOT more cool, obscure Apps out there somewhere....

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Sites with iPhone App Lists

Here's a list of various sites that list iPhone applications. :004:drooling

1. TapDownload
iPhone application search engine. Applications appear to be added live upon submission. Applications can be submitted via submission form.

2. AppSafari
iPhone application directory, containing screenshots for iPhone application listings. Links directly to iTunes AppStore product page, rather than details page. Applications can be submitted via submission form.

3. iPhone Application List
iPhone application directory, containing editor reviews. Applications can be submitted via submission form.

4. Native iPhone Apps
Application directory with product detail pages and user comments. Applications can be submitted via submission form.

5. Apptism
Application directory and search engine. Applications can be submitted via submission form.

6. Planet iPhones
iPhone application news and review site. Applications can be submitted via submission form.

7. YAppler
iPhone application directory with developer login. Applications are automatically populated from iTunes, but can be associated with your own account, after creating one. Applications can then be managed by the developer. After logging in, be sure to click SEO Enhance for your products to remove the nofollow tags from your links. Applications can be managed after creating an account and logging in.

8. AppStoreApps
Manual review site. Applications can be submitted for review via contact form.

9. AppCraver
Manual iPhone app review site. Applications can be submitted for review via contact form.

10. iPhoneApps.co.uk
Application review directory, containing a limited number of apps. Applications can be submitted for review via contact form.

11. AppBank
iPhone application directory in Japan. The site is in English and Japaneese. Applications can be submitted via submission form.

12. iPhone Footprint
iPhone application news and review site. Applications can be submitted via submission form.

13. 148Apps
Manual review site. Applications can be submitted for review by emailing review.monkey at 148apps.com

14. AppleiPhoneApps
Manual review site. Applications can be submitted for review by emailing devcontact at AppleiPhoneapps.com

15. App Rater
iPhone application directory and user ratings. Submitting an app appears to require adding a special code to your iPhone app after completing the form. Applications can be submitted via submission form.

16. AppShopper
Application directory with automatic application listings. Applications can not be submitted, however if a listing is missing, submissions may be emailed to arn at appshopper.com

17. iPhone Hacks
iPhone utility, hacks, and application directory. Applications can not be directly submitted, however requests for review may be submitted by emailing admin at iphonehacks.com

(the above list courtesy of this site)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
There are also (at least) three good iPhone apps that help you find 'hidden gems' and price drops and such. All three are free I think - they're called AppMiner, Store Extend, and Bargain Bin.

Bargain Bin will even send you push notifications when an app you've chosen to follow hits a particular price point.

Jun 30, 2009
Yes there are tons of sites where you will get Apps recommendations/reviews. But to me youtube is the best. As it contains videos of all apps, new or old.