Best Wireless Router?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 29, 2007
Hey guys, I was wondering what type of router you are all using and how you're fairing with them. I just ordered a Draft-N router from belkin (the N1), has anybody used it? Even if you haven't, which router(s) do you think are the best right now?

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I have never really been a fan of Belkin but cant really say no that isn't a good router. Most routers do their job and you wont notice a large difference between any of the manufacturers.

I would stick with Linksys, the have by far the highest quality reception and as well as the best security features. I have found many that WPA wont work correctly and you cant even stop the broadcasting of your SSID.

Best router i think for quality and price: WRT54GS

Stick with Cisco, they know what they are doing when it comes to networking.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I have never really been a fan of Belkin but cant really say no that isn't a good router. Most routers do their job and you wont notice a large difference between any of the manufacturers.

I would stick with Linksys, the have by far the highest quality reception and as well as the best security features. I have found many that WPA wont work correctly and you cant even stop the broadcasting of your SSID.

Best router i think for quality and price: WRT54GS

Stick with Cisco, they know what they are doing when it comes to networking.
I agree, although I use a D:Link that came with Verizon Wireless. I always recommend LinkSys to friends,family.

Last edited:

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
As far as the best goes..., Snapgear is the best, we use that for all our customers at work.

However I've used both D-Link and Netgear. Netgear is my choice for home.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Check out the Belkin N1 Vision....it is way overkill for iPhones as it offers support for N but it is supposed to have superior signal range. The most appealing part about the router is that it has a detailed display that shows various statistics including usage by individual users, bandwidth being used, etc.... It is pricey with an msrp of $200 but if you are into this type of router you might want to check it out.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
I use to be a Netgear fan.

I don't like Belkin

I use linksys (They aren't as good as what they were before)
But there is soo much support for linksys out there.
There is even a linksys forum. That shows you how to hack the router with different firmwares to allow you to do different things its crazy.

So my vote would be Linksys.
Just a regular ol'
[SIZE=-1]802.11G[/SIZE]

umakbill

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
After quite a few routers, I'd say that Linksys work the best, but I still buy D-Link. I like the look. Although, I've never had anything but issues with any of my Netgear routers, I don't know why. :?