Best workout log app?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by CaseLogic, May 11, 2009.

1. CaseLogic

CaseLogic New Member

I've been looking online and I've seen a few... Gym Buddy, iStayFit, Fit Phone, iFitness... not sure which is the best.

My main concern is tracking/logging. I want to be able to log my exercises/reps/etc, and ideally be able to compare performance over time. Unless they have a good database of exercises, it'd be nice to be able to add custom workouts/exercises.

Finally, if it happens to have useful demonstrations/instructions on exercises, that'd be nice. But I'd rather have great logging and no instructions than OK logging and instructions/vids.

2. AntonChigurh

AntonChigurh Member
    Bronze

Apparently iFitness is supposed to be the best. Check it out on the top 25 paid apps. I think it has a huge database of exercises and it lets you log your workouts.

3. nesguru

nesguru New Member

There is a brand new app called Flex (http://www.jumibe.com) that does everything you're looking for (except for exercise demonstrations). It's definitely one of the best apps for logging workouts.

4. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 Member
    Bronze

I use iFitness, works really well IMO. They constantly update with workout videos too, which is pretty cool.

5. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 New Member

Me also a user of iFitness. Works smooth. No problem for logging exercises/reps/etc. The features you need all are available here. Make it a try.

6. evolution83

evolution83 Zealot
    Gold

Another iFitness user here. Great app with constant updates :)

7. scuba779

scuba779 New Member

I've been using Daily Tracker and I love it - it's super versatile (you can use it to track other things too) and very easy to use.

8. Reisdennis62

Reisdennis62 Member
    Bronze

All these are great for logging good luck

#8 Reisdennis62, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Which app did you finally settle on?

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Now this app seems perfect for what I want. I just want to track my work outs. I don't need exercises as I do have a routine I follow and I just need to track and add notes about the work outs.

I'm currently tracking and putting notes on a papaer calendar on my wall and I hate that. I do track when I expercise on an app but it is not as useful as I need it to be. This seems perfect. It's costly at $4.99 but it does have GR8 reviews and it can do more. I can probably get rid of all the other tracking/listing apps I have.

Has any one tried this app?

11. Marko Markovic

One more iFitness user. So that would be my tip for You.

12. Connydachs

Connydachs New Member

Hey,

I used to log with iFitness but I can't find it in the app store anymore! Now I use Gym Hero which works pretty well for me.

13. cagiti

cagiti New Member

I was going to download iFitness but I didn't want anything too involved and I stumbled across atGym, which is a free app! Used it this morning and it seems really good, anybody else use it?

14. Matcha Labs

Matcha Labs New Member

Why not give our app a whirl? I think it sounds like a good fit to what you need.

#14 Matcha Labs, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
  15. Tobbe

Tobbe New Member

16. teeth_care

teeth_care New Member

A very handy app for logging your workouts is Jucy workout log ( play(.)google(.)com/store/apps/details?id=com.sappadev.sappasportlog ). Very easy to setup and good statistics.

17. teeth_care

teeth_care New Member

oops, just realized that topic starter uses iPhone

18. absurd2718

absurd2718 New Member

I've been using an app called Gym Log+ to track my workouts and really like it. You can create custom workouts and exercises and also edit or email your data after logging it, which I've not seen other apps do so well. I especially like the way its rest timer works--it fills in your next workout set in the alarm it pops up.

19. Helen85

Helen85 New Member

I recommend you to try Gymaholic, great gym + weight log App with a simple and well designed UI, everything can be edited, so it gives you a really unique way to use. It’s free.

#19 Helen85, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  20. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Old thread, but I'll chime in. Can't help you with lifting or exercise apps, but if you run I highly recommend Runkeeper. Much better UI than MapMyRun and better stats. Good luck finding your perfect app!