Beta 3 Features & Bugs

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
So far a huge feature has been added to the app switcher popup menu, now to the left there are ipod controls, ipod app, and a portrait lock. The app switcher and folders have a new backgound which is much cleaner than the old one. Also you are now not stuck with closing apps separately, once they start to wiggle they all have the red minus to close however many you want at a time. And when a folder is open you can now bring up the app switcher without closing it.

Camera is fixed along with screenshots and no major bugs I can see so far.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA

The one at the bottom shows the portrait orientation locked icon in the status bar.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
As long as you don't open the ipod app and just use the controls in the app switcher it doesn't open, thus you don't need to close it.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
one thing I noticed and I think this is related to beta 4 in general (for me at least) is that I am unable to connect to my Verizon FIOS router anymore. I can connect fine to unprotected wifi and have no problem with my Mom's Airport Extreme (which has a password) but when I try my Verizon wifi, it finds the router but states "Unavle to Connect" after I put in the WEP code......

Any thoughts?
~S

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
one thing I noticed and I think this is related to beta 4 in general (for me at least) is that I am unable to connect to my Verizon FIOS router anymore. I can connect fine to unprotected wifi and have no problem with my Mom's Airport Extreme (which has a password) but when I try my Verizon wifi, it finds the router but states "Unavle to Connect" after I put in the WEP code......

Any thoughts?
~S
You're not alone. I can only connect to my time capsule. Any other wifi, locked or not will give me the same message you're getting.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
up10ad, has beta 3 been available for official download yet. I've heard that it was pulled due to a conflict with the SDK. Also, I'm running an Intel-based mac, do I need the SDK to run beta on my iPhone?

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
I have noticed since the beta versions that I tried to connect my usb connection in my new Buick Enclave and now it wont charge or play my music through that connection......It say accessory not made for this device with a yellow triangle ..

Does anyone have an idea like and adaptor of some sort?

Thanks

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
up10ad, has beta 3 been available for official download yet. I've heard that it was pulled due to a conflict with the SDK. Also, I'm running an Intel-based mac, do I need the SDK to run beta on my iPhone?
You don't need the SDK to run the beta on your iPhone, but without the corresponding SDK iTunes won't backup your phone completely.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I just noticed that my tool bar at the bottom of the mail app is missing, the one that let's you delete, move, and reply/forward.

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I just noticed that my tool bar at the bottom of the mail app is missing, the one that let's you delete, move, and reply/forward.
Same here.... this is going to be a pain in the butt for the next 2 weeks with no tool bar for replying to an email.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Same here.... this is going to be a pain in the butt for the next 2 weeks with no tool bar for replying to an email.
I did a force quit of the mail app in the app switcher bar and then reopened it, now it's back.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Not trying to rack up my post count, but the "!" is gone from the folder and now shows the total number of notifications in that folder.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I haven't seen this one yet, but sometimes the same bottom bar doesn't show "connecting" with the pinwheel or "updated at..."
FOR MAC USERS ONLY!

This file works to get your phone on the beta to back up completely. I installed it, backed up my beta 2, restored for beta 3 and then "restored from backup" and all my folders and settings were back!

http://www.myiPhoneactivation.com/downloads/iPhoneSystemComponents.pkg.zip
Well I guess no one has been able to get the OS to install using iTunes on a pc even though it is supposed to be possible. The SDK yes is mac only. I didn't even have the beta 3 SDK installed at the time of my restore because of the install problem so I didn't install it. So I restored from a backup of beta 2 and it worked just fine giving me all my folders back and no errors. I am installing it now so I have my backups are correctly made for beta 3.

Not trying to rack up my post count, but the "!" is gone from the folder and now shows the total number of notifications in that folder.
Don't worry about it, I had a triple post when I started the thread.

Yeah I think that will be better than the "!" in case you have a couple apps in that folder that receive push notifications.

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I did a force quit of the mail app in the app switcher bar and then reopened it, now it's back.
Good find... I did the same and now my tool bar is back. Sweet!

chris5468

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Springfield,il
I just found this little feature. I don't know if it was on beta2 because I stayed on beta 1 until they fixed the camera but it's new to me it's like the spell check with more options kinda

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Well spell check has been there since beta 1, but for beta 3 they seemed to have changed the font of the popup menu to blue.