Beta 3 Help

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
So I got onto Beta 2 not long after it came out, then shortly after, the guy I bought the software from sent out a mass email with Beta 3 on it, so I updated and all was fine. But today, I woke up to find my phone with a "connect to iTunes" symbol on it. When I did connect it, I was informed that my iPhone software has expired and needs to be updated. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
So I tried to restore using the 3.0 beta 3 ispw., and everything went fine until it got to the point where iTunes gives you the option to either set up as a new phone or to restore from one of my back ups. So I tried to restore from a back up, and it tells me that there is an unknown error (-19). Please help! I miss my phone!

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Hi, you have to search the torrent sites for iPhone beta 5 7A312g and update your iTunes to the newest version (in the file you download) and then update to the beta 5.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Beta 3 has truly expired and this is normal for the beta releases from Apple. You do need to upgrade to beta 4 or 5, though beta 5 is a better bet at this point.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
Thank you so much for all the help! Now, how do I get out of the "set up as new phone" screen? Everytime I try to restore from one of my back ups, I get an "unknow error (-19)". Thanks for the help!

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
If I set my phone up as a new iPhone, will I lose my number? Are there any other ramifications for setting my phone up as a new phone?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
No, you won't lose your number.

What you do need to make sure of is that you have your contacts / photos / music, movies etc are synced to your PC, so they can be synced back, as by choosing to setup as new, you are not able to pull in a backup of course.

My daughter is next to me and is insistent on application of various smilies, so here we go: :laugh2::):cool:;):sick:

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
If I set my phone up as a new iPhone, will I lose my number? Are there any other ramifications for setting my phone up as a new phone?
You can keep your number but NOTHING else, no contacts, no pictures, settings, and any other data saved in a backup.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
Got the phone up and running again like new on beta 5! Thanks to everyone for the help!