Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Better Call Saul[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-02-08[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Vince Gilligan[/SERIESAUTH], [SERIESAUTH]Peter Gould[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Bob Odenkirk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rhea Seehorn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Fabian[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonathan Banks[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael McKean[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gene N. Chavez[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Six years before Saul Goodman meets Walter White. We meet him when the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and, often, against Jimmy, is “fixer” Mike Erhmantraut. The series will track Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts “criminal” in “criminal lawyer.”[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
He's the only guy i recognize on the cast besides Saul and Mike. The others seem like pretty obscure actors.
For now :)

I'd never heard of Aaron Paul or Bryan Cranston when I started watching Breaking Bad. Now you type either of their first names on the search bar and they pop up as one of the first five suggestions. Bryan Cranston popped up at number 2 right below Bryan Adams for me :)

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
For now :)

I'd never heard of Aaron Paul or Bryan Cranston when I started watching Breaking Bad. Now you type either of their first names on the search bar and they pop up as one of the first five suggestions. Bryan Cranston popped up at number 2 right below Bryan Adams for me :)
You'd never heard of Bryan Cranston? He was hilarious in Malcolm in the Middle.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I thought it was a good first/set-up episode. I'm glad we get a full episode tonight. I eagerly await the transition to Saul. I like the Monday time slot. There's never anything good on, so this is perfect for me. I also like Talking Dead to immediately follow The Walking Dead. I don't want that disrupted.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I love that to Tuco is back, and Jimmy's plea-bargaining was absolutely fantastic!
I don't remeber the exact quote so I paraphrase: "I got your life sentence reduced to 6 months probation. I'd say I'm a pretty good lawyer." :D

I also loved the line in the first episode, in the scene where he first meets the skateboarding brothers, and again I paraphrase: "The only way my car could be worth $300 is if a $200 hooker was sitting in it!" :D

Last edited:

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I don't remember the context, but in the first episode, Jimmy/Saul says: "The red corpuscles are corpuscling."
He was trying to defend the 19 year old "kids" who did unspeakable things with a corpse. He was attempting to get the jury to recall how high on hormones they were when they were 19, and how their judgement might have been as occluded as the defendants.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just watched both episodes. They were good. I think I'll give it a chance.
Actually, I think it's amazing and I can't wait for Monday. I loved seeing Tuco again. That guy is seriously crazy. It's so funny how he didn't understand Saul's plea bargaining attempts.

"Eye for an eye"
"So I blind them."

"Break their legs"
"I will cut their legs off."
I also enjoyed all the foreshadowing - like Tuco warning No-Doze out in the desert. After we watched it, I pulled up the Full Measure episode of Breaking Bad on Netflix to watch the scene where Mike threatens to beat Saul until his legs don't work anymore and then Saul flipping out and telling Walt that his very own P.I. was threatening to break his legs. No wonder he's so sensitive to those threats after actually seeing what Tuco did to the skaters and how it much it impacted him (vomited after watching someone snapping pretzels sticks in half because it reminded him about the bones breaking).

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
...reminded him about the femurs breaking).
I thought Tuco broke the tibia/fibula, at least on the first guy. While not in frame, it looked like he stomped on the lower part of the leg compared to the person who was holding the kid's foot steady. It happened so fast it's hard to say, that's just the impression I got.

Brilliant scene either way!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I thought Tuco broke the tibia/fibula, at least on the first guy. While not in frame, it looked like he stomped on the lower part of the leg compared to the person who was holding the kid's foot steady. It happened so fast it's hard to say, that's just the impression I got.

Brilliant scene either way!
Yeah, you're right. It was their lower legs. I somehow got it set in my mind that it was their upper legs when I was typing that post...