better camera tools?

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
don't have an iPhone and excited about the new release, as i will be getting one. just wondering if you people know of any tool out there to enhance or change camera settings. i see some nice pics taken from then, but wondered if there will be camera settings on the new one OR possibly an app that helps you change effects, distance, zoom, etc...?

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
don't have an iPhone and excited about the new release, as i will be getting one. just wondering if you people know of any tool out there to enhance or change camera settings. i see some nice pics taken from then, but wondered if there will be camera settings on the new one OR possibly an app that helps you change effects, distance, zoom, etc...?
Only time will tell... ;)

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
i know i know.. :( but is there anything out now for the current version?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
i know i know.. :( but is there anything out now for the current version?
There are a couple of jailbreak apps that enhance the camera's abilities - CameraPRO is a paid for one that will be showing up in the App Store and Snapture is a free one that looks likely to remain jailbreak only.

Both add zoom, burst mode, color / grayscale options to the camera - I'm probably forgetting some of their other features too ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Something will likely show up in the AppStore, but the only feature I really want is zoom - and by zoom, I mean optical zoom, not digital. I can make images black and white and sepia and crop them and all on the computer.

- John

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Something will likely show up in the AppStore, but the only feature I really want is zoom - and by zoom, I mean optical zoom, not digital. I can make images black and white and sepia and crop them and all on the computer.

- John
The camera on the iPhone 3G is not capable of optical zooming. Sorry. :(

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
ya, i wouldn't imagin it has optical zoom BADD ARSE if so, but unfortunately not.

are we all pretty confident the 3g will be 2mp and not 5 or somthing?