Better than I'd imagined.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
So, I'm at my uncle's house tonight, "celebrating" Thanksgiving. And, after a bit of planning, I managed to ask my cousin if I could fool around with his 1st generation iPhone.

I'm posting from it, and it's better than I'd ever imagined. I mean, I've fooled with one once or twice, but this is the first time I've really gotten to test one out. For starters, it feels like this keyboard is reading my mind! I've read complaints about it, and I was a bit concerned, but so far, it's impressing me.

Since it's a V1 I can't check out 3G speeds, but EDGE with full bars isn't exactly horrible. We're leaving so I'll cut this short.

I can't wait for Christmas.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Yeah it is the best phone ever and if dosent get any better intill the next iPhone comes out!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
People who used both the iPhone predictive text feature and BlackBerry's SureType generally say the iPhone's software is better.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
...which reminds me, I need to head to the Apple store for about an hour long "play" session, or just stay until they kick me out as usual. (sad when they know you by name) :p

Better yet, I may just go to the AT&T store close-by they usually cycle out employees pretty regularly so it's almost always fresh, even week to week. :D

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
/sigh

If only we had an Apple store around here...
All we have is Best Buy and AT&T. Sure, they have the iPhone, but...
it's just not the same.

You remind me of myself before I had an iPhone haha!
-Except I would annoy the hell out of people asking to play with their iPhones everyday:p
Yeah, that's how I feel with my cousin. I ask him and he goes, "WHAT?!" Can I see your phone? "WHY?!"

Then he starts laughing and gives it to me. Gotta love family.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Dude my dad went to Bestbuy for a memory card for HTC Touch on Sprint... AND THE BASTARD COMES BACK WITH A BLACK 16 iPhone 3G WITH AN INCASE SLIDER AND CAR CHARGER :mad:
-He used to always be like my blackberry or HTC is better and stuff and now says that phones had too many bugs LOL!

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Dude my dad went to Bestbuy for a memory card for HTC Touch on Sprint... AND THE BASTARD COMES BACK WITH A BLACK 16 iPhone 3G WITH AN INCASE SLIDER AND CAR CHARGER :mad:
-He used to always be like my blackberry or HTC is better and stuff and now says that phones had too many bugs LOL!
PDS brings his dad to the dark side.

That is awesome.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I suppose the temptation gets to us all, every now and then.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Is there any difference between both phones? Just the 3G? Lmao screw the 3G, there isn't even a video call function.

mokeiko

Jul 4, 2007
Wow are you serious dwp:eek:
-is that possible?

Enlighten me please :)
PDS, it will cost $9.99 to add another line plus $30.00 for the iPhone data plan and 200 text messages. You and you dad will share the same talk minutes. Hopefully he will agree to add you on. Good luck.

mokeiko

mokeiko

Jul 4, 2007
Wow are you serious dwp:eek:
-is that possible?

Enlighten me please :)
PDS, it will cost $9.99 to add another line plus $40.00 for the iPhone data plan and 200 text messages. You and you dad will share the same talk minutes. Hopefully he will agree to add you on. Good luck.

mokeiko

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Man this all sounds great and all but I just got my iPhone 2g I just can't give it up ya know :sick:
-I think I'll wait for the iPhone v3(or whatever you wanna call it LOL)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I'll go ahead and call it iPhone 4G. I just hope they don't lie about it in their ads next time haha.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Cause i'm very sure that by the time the dad would finally agree to put me on his plan the next iPhone model would have been announced and released ya know ;)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
As long as your v1 iPhone is working fine, why would you want 3G? It sucks.

Yeah, just wait for a newer device.