BEWARE installing Customize.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

soundspeed

Dec 5, 2007
When i uninstall Customize it doesn't reset the phone back, i changed the order of my icons in Customize and when i uninstalled it didn't reset them to the original order. Also it installed a "demo app" and "field test", without asking, and didn't uninstall them, now i'm stuck with them and no way to delete. Wish I never installed Customize!

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
No you wish you would have read some before you loaded Customize and then prior to your post. Customize does not load "demo app" or "field test" those apps are already on your phone and they always have been. Customize just makes it so that you can see them.

soundspeed

Dec 5, 2007
Cool, what do you suppose these apps are, and how do i delete them. Also this doesn't explain not resetting my icons back to normal.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
It will not set it back to "normal" because it alters your plist file and upon removing the application it does not house a backup copy of your original plist. You do not need to delete the applications. What version firmware are you running?

soundspeed

Dec 5, 2007
I'm runnung 1.0.2 firmware. Do you think this is a bad thing that Customize has perminently modified my phone, normally when you remove a program it puts everything back the way it was before install.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
What I would do. I would load Customize back on, set the phone back the way you want it. Hide the application you do not want to see and then uninstall Customize. That will be the easiest way to do this. Someone my have a better idea and chime in but thats the direction I would move in.

Dec 5, 2007
The two programs that mysteriously showed up after installing Customize remain after deleting Customize, and there is no way to delete them, they are just blank icons on my screen. Very annoying!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
There is now in installer two files for use with Customize and the icon order. One of them is called apple-stock or something like that. That will reset the icons back to the stock Apple order (I'm assuming, haven't tested it yet). Give that a try.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
The two programs that mysteriously showed up after installing Customize remain after deleting Customize, and there is no way to delete them, they are just blank icons on my screen. Very annoying!
They remain because they were already there to begin with! These two issues are not related. Why don't you hide the two icons that pertain to the two programs that you don't want visible via Customize, and then uninstall Customize?

P.S.:To put it in perspective, it's like demanding your Contacts app/icon be deleted with the uninstall of Customize because it wasn't there before you installed it. The only way you can see Contacts on your homescreen is with Customize. It enabled the other two to become visible as well. All which were already on your phone before installing anything on your part.

Dec 5, 2007
I suppose my point is (and you seem to be missing this), when you uninstall a program it should restore your phone the way it was before you installed that program. That's all. This program does not do that.

JEGO

Nov 4, 2007
I have it installed in my phone, i have the 1.1.1 version and do not have any problem with it. Only issue I have is with carrier logo that cannot be changed, besides that...everything works perfect. Obviously if you mess up with the icon order then uninstall, it will stay that way. I suggest to install customize dwl the Apple Icon settings, run it and then uninstall. If that dosent work, restore your phone.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
I suppose my point is (and you seem to be missing this), when you uninstall a program it should restore your phone the way it was before you installed that program. That's all. This program does not do that.
well our point is maybe you should make back-ups of your files before modding...its smart its safe and its easy.......and on another note our point is don't blame someone for doing something when they clearly didn't you were bashing ther program for installing things that came on your phone and instead of listening to everybody's advice you just moaned some more...take one of the steps described and shut it...thanks