BG Experience & tips

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
So I finally got around to putting my BodyGaurdz on my iPhone 3G / White. First time ever doing one of these and I'll say I give myself a 9/10 for the final look after. I had a hard time thinking between cases and covers etc, but I like the phone to much to cover it up and didn't want anything bulky in my pocket. I had this sucker for like a week or two before I tried to put it on, but dropped it once and scuffed it a little, so that forced me to put it on.

Tips:
-I used lint free micro-fiber towels from a Walgreens to do the work on and soak up the excess liquid.
-Used some Nitrile gloves to prevent fingerprints anywhere and easy to keep moist. This was recommended from someone on MacRumors review site and worked perfect for me.
-Used the steamy shower method for dust control and keep some moisture in the air. Got a bit hot naturally but seemed to work out for me.
-I used the spray like crazy, especially on the back of the phone as I peeled parts off/on a few times for dust, lint, and bubbles.
-Patience, patience and patience....the front only took my about 5-10 minutes to position right, could have done a smidge of an adjustment but looks perfect to me. The back took much longer, about 45-60 minutes to get comfortable on the phone.
-Both sides, once you get it positioned pretty close let it dry a little to get a little tack to it so while squeezing the bubble/moisture out it doesn't move as easy.
-Corners/Sides/top/bottom suck and take a bunch of time. Spent about 15 minutes per each. Let them dry out a bit to get more tacky and tackle one side at a time. Use the squeegie/card to mold the corners and edges. Also 'palming' technique.

Don't freak out, bubbles and bumps and edge problems are expected. Take your time and all is well.

It's been about 4 days since i've done mine and love it, about 99% is covered and great feel and look. 3 small bumps on the edges that didn't stick but not going to worry about it, always the extra set to try again later and lifetime replacement.

Pics below:

Last edited by a moderator:

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
amazing...it covers the chrome! so disappointed with my invisible shield now

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
yes, really those small spots around the corners are the only spots...gave me a little hell, but turned out well. I believe it was $24