bible on iPhone

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
I was baptized catholic when I was a child and this may be abit off topic. I just started going back to church about a year ago because my fiance is very devout. The church I go to RARELY actually goes to the bible to refer to topics of the day. Its usually palnned and the priest just gives his sermon based off of that. Is this common in catholic churches?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I was baptized catholic when I was a child and this may be abit off topic. I just started going back to church about a year ago because my fiance is very devout. The church I go to RARELY actually goes to the bible to refer to topics of the day. Its usually palnned and the priest just gives his sermon based off of that. Is this common in catholic churches?
yes, that is common practice in Catholic churches in the South, at least.

ltemple

Jul 3, 2007
Don't you find it funny how some traditions are almost burned into our churchgoing experience... OF COURSE the pastor is going to hold a big ol' bible while he's preaching... not some little electronic gadget. :)

*Holds up iPhone screen towards congregation* "And as it says right here in 1 Peter... "Love covers a MULTITUDE of sins"!

Come to think of it, the new update would technically allow me to plug into the system and at least show video clips. Now if I could just get Powerpoint to work on the iPhone.....;) I'll look just like Steve Jobs when he gave his big iPhone presentation! :eek:

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
Come to think of it, the new update would technically allow me to plug into the system and at least show video clips. Now if I could just get Powerpoint to work on the iPhone.....;) I'll look just like Steve Jobs when he gave his big iPhone presentation! :eek:
*shivers with anticipation* Oh my can't you just see it... send powerpoint via WiFi, control it via internet connection and MyPC, stream a video for impact. OOHHHHH YEAAAAHHHH! The posibillities make my knees weak. All done right from the podium with my iPhone. YEAH baby, NOW we're multimedia! :)