Big Bang Theory dissed by Android Forum!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple iAddicted, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

Was googling Big Bang Theory to see what model iPhone Sheldon uses and ran across a Android Forum bashing the use of Apple iPhone on the show. Now a more logical argument would be why they use PCs lol! Their super nerds and true nerds would have a MacBook Pro running both Mac snd Win for gaming. Why do Android users think that nerds wouldn't use a iPhone it's not made to be a trend device it is made for function. Mac has better programs for making charts, graphs, and fomulating data than Windows but Windows is a leader for gaming.
    Any real science geeks around wanna give your 2 cents? Which do you think would be more logical for a Physicist a Windows, iPhone,or Android...and what computer is more logical PC or Mac?

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1.1
    The ONLY thing better than an iPhone is the newer iPhone!

2. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i'm no science geek. but i do know that geeks in general don't like to tied down or limited in anyway, shape, or form. and to me that's the difference. don't get me wrong Apple products are great for the regular joe. but geeks like to have there cake and eat it too. the more stuff the item can do i.e. phone,computer,electronics etc.. the better. and you just don't get that with Apple.

3. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I'd agree that PC wise it might make more sense to see Sheldon and the other guys running Macs or dual-boot machines with Linux flavors on them. On the smartphone front though I'd say they'd either have a jailbroken iPhone or, even more likely, an Android device. Those guys are meant to be big-time tinkerers and hacker types (in the old-school, positive sense of the word) - I think Android might suit them best.

4. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

Now I find that interesting that you say that, now Howard yes he hacks everything. I could totally see him running a rooted Android device. But they are also sticklers on security of their stuff while pointing out "child play" security on others stuff. Mac is the most secure and can dual boot windows or linex. Most books written about hackers (where there is no product placement by companies) still write the characters using various Apple computers. Even my computer teachers in college perfered Apple computers with Macintosh or Linex they really hated Windows all together talked about it like a plague we had to tolerate for all the computer illiterate morons on earth lol

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

It is a joke of sorts in my house
    My son is gifted and he also has SPD what makes him a nerd geek
    He works best with routines
    We discovered first Sheldon has some of the same shirts .....
    Son has Alienware PC and iPhone
    We just upgraded again on storage and now he begs for Ubuntu
    Son may not be a genius but he could be mini Sheldon

6. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Mini-Sheldon = scary :)

7. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

does he run around saying "Bazzinga" lol Sheldon is the modern grown up Urkel or Urkel 2.0

I just hope they don't cancel it after 8 years like House MD was. It crazy dumb perverted shows like Family Guy, South Park, and Simpsons run for 20 years while good shows like House, Highlander, Walker etc get canceled after 6-8 years

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

6-8 years it's a pretty good run bud.

9. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

oh man I miss House so much ...
    I tell you this much after today's dinner at a new restaurant ( we just moved here so everything is new) hubby and I decided he is 11 years old and can stay home alone !
    Just imagine taking Sheldon lol Hard enough to order but then to and come home and fix son something to eat and we are out of "His" Bacon is a total different story!

10. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

Yeah Benny it is but when u look at the dumb shows that have been and are still running with no threat of cancellation, it gets annoying.

And imutter i would probably have to kill Sheldon at a restraunt lol