Big Day Tuesday?

Honda

Feb 21, 2008
I just figured I pass this along to everyone FYI. I have no credible source other than one sales guy @ our Apple store.I went in tonight to convince myself to buy a 16gig iPhone and cancel my Sprint contract. I asked about a few features and of course the dude wouldn't acknowledge features like SSH. However, when I asked about the SDK release, and later about the missing cut and paste feature, the rep kept saying the least Tuesday of every month is when Apple announces stuff. And, he kept telling me I want to wait till Tuesday... about the SDK release ("Jobs generally keeps his word...") and about cut and paste. It was like he knew something but couldn't tell me. (Or maybe he just smirks like that always.)NE way, thought I'd pss it along... All we can do is wait.Thanks again to all who gave me advice and help so far.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I wish I could have stood there and listened to the conversation LOL I wana go ask a Apple guy myself now. LOL kewl post.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
like the guy told you, Jobs GENERALLY keeps his word. It doesn't Mean he always does. Plus like he said, Apple releases stuff on Tuesday typically, which could just mean he is speculating that it will come out on Tuesday like the rest of us think. (well, thought until the rumor of a delay) I don't mean to put you or anyone else down, I just don't want anyone to get their hopes up without thinking of these things. Believe me, I want the SDK/update to come out just as badly as the next guy.

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
i have always liked to take things like that with a grain of salt. Apple DID say that it would be out late february. That could be this tuesday, it could be the 29th. for all we know. What they did not say, is that it would be delayed beyond that. Until Apple comes out and says the sdk will be delayed past february and into march, then we will just have t wat this week out and see.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I really wouldn't worry about getting your hopes up one way or another. I never anticipate an update or SDK release or anything of the sort. That way I can never be disappointed.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Found site from iPhoneatom.com so who knows
Business week is saying anywhere from 1-3 weeks delay saying that iTunes is just not ready for it. Sounds like Apple does not want the "public" release of the SDK to occur until consumers can get new apps from iTunes to see what the possibilities are maybe? Seems kind of backwards to me if that is what they are doing.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
It would be nice to atleast get an update tomorrow from Apple as to were the sdk stands. Or maybe give us some new firmware to fix the annoying lil bugs in the 1.1.3