Big problem - Audio Issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Big problem - had phone hooked up to Belkin earphone adapter and then plugged into car auxillery to listen to Ipod. Worked fine and then unplugged and problems began. No audio in the earpiece (not earbuds); no speaker audible during Ipod and Youtube play. Speaker plays audio during call and for ring tones.
Did a reset and still no fix.
Any thoughts?

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Big problem - had phone hooked up to Belkin earphone adapter and then plugged into car auxillery to listen to Ipod. Worked fine and then unplugged and problems began. No audio in the earpiece (not earbuds); no speaker audible during Ipod and Youtube play. Speaker plays audio during call and for ring tones.
Did a reset and still no fix.
Any thoughts?
Ouch... I hope there wasn't a static jolt that fried a circuit. What kind of a reset did you do?

ksyoh

Jul 13, 2007
Similar problem

Anybody?
I'm dyin here!
I had a similar problem. Resolution: I inserted the earbuds and it seemed to activate the earpiece when i removed it again. You probably already tried it but it's worth a shot.

My situation: i used the earbuds all night making a call. Today i tried making calls and the earpiece wouldn't work. No sound. The screen wouldn't shut off when covering the sensor while in a call either. It was like the phone didn't register that the headphone was removed. Speaker worked ok. In the car I used a Belkin ipod charger. Attempted a soft reset, then thoroughly pissed, I inserted the headphones when I got home and that seemed to do it.

I hope this wil do the trick.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Thanks guys...ended up having to jiggle the earbud plug until the sound finally came back on. Read somewhere that is possible to remove the headphone adapter or earbuds and a sensor inside the plug will remain open. Jiggling the earbud plug in and out will solve this issue.

Wish I would have figured this out before the Hard Reset.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Thanks guys...ended up having to jiggle the earbud plug until the sound finally came back on. Read somewhere that is possible to remove the headphone adapter or earbuds and a sensor inside the plug will remain open. Jiggling the earbud plug in and out will solve this issue.

Wish I would have figured this out before the Hard Reset.
Thank goodness for this site. just had this problem...all fixed now!

Dec 29, 2007
Sound problem fixed

:laugh2:
Thank goodness for this site. just had this problem...all fixed now!
My thanks as well...my heart was breaking thinking that my iPhone was broken. It's become a body part at this point. I jiggled the earphone as well (had to do it a few times) and finally the sound came on.