Bigger memory

Mar 7, 2008
Alright people?

Right- heres my dilemma-

- Looking to get a iPhone but cannot decide to get the 16gb which will fit all my music on now but wont in a few months time...

- I also have a 80gb iPod Video but I don't really want to carry around two devices if you get me?

Are Apple bringing another one out? God, I'm confused- it will be expensive as hell aswell! Planning to go for the eBay unlocked route....

Any advice?
iPhone_Newbe.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Alright people?

Right- heres my dilemma-

- Looking to get a iPhone but cannot decide to get the 16gb which will fit all my music on now but wont in a few months time...

- I also have a 80gb iPod Video but I don't really want to carry around two devices if you get me?

Are Apple bringing another one out? God, I'm confused- it will be expensive as hell aswell! Planning to go for the eBay unlocked route....

Any advice?
iPhone_Newbe.
Your best off getting a device with as large a storage capacity as available. Not just for videos and audio, but for the upcoming applications which will require storage space as well.

Mar 7, 2008
Your best off getting a device with as large a storage capacity as available. Not just for videos and audio, but for the upcoming applications which will require storage space as well.
Alright,

Yeah- is there going to be a 32gb iPhone like the iPod Touch?

Thanks.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Alright,

Yeah- is there going to be a 32gb iPhone like the iPod Touch?

Thanks.
unfortunately no one has these answers. if you've got the money, get the 16 gig now. when, or if, a larger model comes out, you can decide then if you have to upgrade or not. i've got an older 60 gig iPod that holds most of my music. i carry it with me nearly all the time. if im going out for a short while, i'll take just the phone. you'll find yourself wanting to keep videos on the iPhone so don't gauge your capacity needs on your audio collection.

word?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Asking if Apple is making a bigger iPhone is like asking if a homeless man wants to join you for Turkey dinner.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Asking if Apple is making a bigger iPhone is like asking if a homeless man wants to join you for Turkey dinner.
Correct. The question isn't if they are but when they are releasing a biger iPhone. I've already filled up my 80 gig black video iPod and now I'm in my 160. I only have the 8 gig iPhone tho. I just have to pic and choose my favorite media.

Last edited by a moderator:

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I...
A) Hope my iPhone lasts until they do a 32GB version
B) Hope the 32GB version has 3G
C) Hope that version comes sometime this year.

Being a "newbe", you're going to quickly learn that Apple tells us NOTHING about what they are doing, and has a pretty airtight seal on their information. Accurate rumors about upcoming products and software/firmware updates are very rare. In fact, people who post such rumors on here are often ostracised and insulted to the point of leaving. A few times they've been correct. Take all prediction/rumor info with a grain of salt...

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I...
A) Hope my iPhone lasts until they do a 32GB version
B) Hope the 32GB version has 3G
C) Hope that version comes sometime this year.

Being a "newbe", you're going to quickly learn that Apple tells us NOTHING about what they are doing, and has a pretty airtight seal on their information. Accurate rumors about upcoming products and software/firmware updates are very rare. In fact, people who post such rumors on here are often ostracised and insulted to the point of leaving. A few times they've been correct. Take all prediction/rumor info with a grain of salt...
I....
(A) Hope the next version has 3G
(B) Hope there is a 32gb version by mid year and an 80gb version touch
(C) Hope by the time I get one there is an 80gb 3G iPhone

:laugh2:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I Hope by the time I get one there is an 80gb 3G iPhone

:laugh2:
now that would be f'n sweet. probably expensive as hell, though.

honestly, i have tons and tons of music and videos, and have gotten used to creating playlists and switching them out every few days on my 8GB iPhone. In fact, i think i rather enjoy it. That is the only reason i haven't bothered upgrading to the 16GB model.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
now that would be f'n sweet. probably expensive as hell, though.

honestly, i have tons and tons of music and videos, and have gotten used to creating playlists and switching them out every few days on my 8GB iPhone. In fact, i think i rather enjoy it. That is the only reason i haven't bothered upgrading to the 16GB model.
Not really look at iPods. They released the 4GB iPod for the same price as the 80GB is now.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
My solution to this issue would be get the 16 gb. Fit your entire library on it now and if your library exceeds then do what people have said above. I have an 8 gb and all my music doesn't fit on it so i put certain playlists on and listen to those for daily use. If i'm going on a long trip and i want all my music i bring my ipod. If your on a trip 2 devices isn't that bad with your suitcase, its only annoying if its daily and you need to carry two devices in your pocket.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Not really look at iPods. They released the 4GB iPod for the same price as the 80GB is now.
the difference there is that the 80GB ipod uses a hard drive whereas the 4GB uses flash memory.

they won't put a hard drive in an iPhone, and rightly so... they shouldn't even be in ipods, imo.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
My solution to this issue would be get the 16 gb. Fit your entire library on it now and if your library exceeds then do what people have said above. I have an 8 gb and all my music doesn't fit on it so i put certain playlists on and listen to those for daily use. If i'm going on a long trip and i want all my music i bring my ipod. If your on a trip 2 devices isn't that bad with your suitcase, its only annoying if its daily and you need to carry two devices in your pocket.
yep. and if you're on a plane, you can't use your phone anyway. I'm going to Norway this summer, and will probably spring for a 32 GB iPod touch (assuming nothing else is released until then) to hold all of my videos and games, and keep all of my music on my iPhone.

that should be plenty of stuff.