"Billy Frontier" Best Action Game Yet!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
These racing games are cool and all but what I was really wanting is some action games on my iPhone(they are my favorite). I was wondering how they were gonna do action & shoot em' up games on the iPhone with its no button interface and accelerometer which seems perfectly suited for racing games (which was pretty much all that was available for action at launch) but how were we gonna control other action games? Well "Billy Frontier" seems to be the first decent shoot em' up/action game and it is quite impressive. Definitely well worth the 2.99 and is by far my favorite game so far(was previously crash bandicoot). If you haven't checked out this game on your iPhone I suggest you do, its pretty fun. Hopefully we will see more advanced action games like this in the future.:)

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Agreed, besides a few of the racing games, this is the best action game yet. It is very fun and shows what the phone is capable of.
I was definitely pleasantly surprised by this game. Finally a shoot em' up on the iPhone! Can't believe how cheap it is too? The shooting is so accurate! Definitely a sign of good things to come.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The first first-person shooter on the iPhone. The minute I saw it I knew it would change the games we play on our beloved iPhone.

Although, I did get Asphalt 4 instead (I'm a driver not a shooter), I know there's a lot of people out there waiting for this type of game. I'm sure this will inspire SOCOM and Quake-style games.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
The first first-person shooter on the iPhone. The minute I saw it I knew it would change the games we play on our beloved iPhone.

Although, I did get Asphalt 4 instead (I'm a driver not a shooter), I know there's a lot of people out there waiting for this type of game. I'm sure this will inspire SOCOM and Quake-style games.
Well in real life I'm a driver not a shooter but thats probably why I like the shooter games best.(still probably gonna have to pick up that Asphault4) I do wish they would ad some more regular levels though. Still, feels more like a real game than anything else on the iPhone so far(racing games aside.)

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Well in real life I'm a driver not a shooter but thats probably why I like the shooter games best.(still probably gonna have to pick up that Asphault4) I do wish they would ad some more regular levels though. Still, feels more like a real game than anything else on the iPhone so far(racing games aside.)
So, how many levels are there? I know Pangea (the maker of Billy Frontier, Cro-Mag Rally and Enigmo) has been price dropping a lot. But, I'm not sure a small price tag is the ONLY concern for iPhone gamers. Obviously, with Crash Bandicoot and Asphalt 4 people are willing to shell out $10 for a game they feel is worth it. I'm pretty sure Toy Bot Diaries would do much better if it had more levels as well.

So, did you reach endgame on Billy Frontier?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
So, how many levels are there? I know Pangea (the maker of Billy Frontier, Cro-Mag Rally and Enigmo) has been price dropping a lot. But, I'm not sure a small price tag is the ONLY concern for iPhone gamers. Obviously, with Crash Bandicoot and Asphalt 4 people are willing to shell out $10 for a game they feel is worth it. I'm pretty sure Toy Bot Diaries would do much better if it had more levels as well.

So, did you reach endgame on Billy Frontier?
Who Knows, maybe if you beat all the levels it shows(8) there will be more? There are actually only 6 levels since 2 are just target practice. 2 are quick duels, 2 are a chase scene where you run from a stampede & 2 are actual shoot em up real levels so I wish there were more of the latter.