Bite SMS or iReal or Tlert

avin7000

Bronze
Jun 7, 2011
I want to buy a good sms app which is fast & works without any issues. I have been Nokia user & I like old inbox / drafts / outbox kind of interface. Delivery reports also will be nice [is there any setting for delivery reports in iPhone ?]

and I also read iRealsms is very slow. I am creating this thread because I couldn't find much info on newer versions of these softwares.

Please suggest me one good SMS app :)

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
I'm using Tlert...really enjoy the style look....easy to customise and cheap to buy...

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I haven't had any issues with iReal. I did at one time, if I got a number of texts at one time it would lock up and restart my phone. But I found it was a conflict with something else. Since then, I have not had any issues with it. I love it and it themes out much easier that Bite SMS. I have tried them both. I have not tried TAlert, but only because had already purchased 2 SMS replacements and did not want a 3rd.

I do recommend IRealSMS. Just because of the Bluetooth feature.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
BiteSMS works great, I've never used iReal so I can't compare the two. BiteSMS is super simple :)

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama
To me and to say I have only used BiteSMS I have to say it worked great. The others looked pretty cool but BiteSMS has worked great and had good luck out of it.

Just my 2 cents ;-)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I tested BiteSMS, but I prefer iRealSMS. I've been using iReal for about a year and a half and it works great.

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
I'm using bitesms at them moment. My girlfriend is using tlert. Both are very good. I've never tried irealsms so can't comment on that.

Oct 12, 2011
bitesms has been good to me in the past but right now im just using the default ios5 notifications, someone needs to make it so that you can tap the text notification like on mobilenotifier and have the instant quick reply instead of it opening that app

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
I own iRealSMS and haven't had it installed since buying Tlert.....now on IOS 5, and using iRealSMS again, I'm very impressed on how well integrated into Notifications..:)