Bite SMS, why do Apple now allow it or add it I to their app?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by hmfc-1874, Jan 5, 2013.

1. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

One of the main reasons I jb my phone is because of bite SMS. I always wonder why Apple don't add it into their app or allow it in the App Store ?
    Thoughts and anyone else use it?
    I can't now as I'm on iPhone 5 :(
    Also I'm on icafe app that's why I can't post in right section sorry

Sent using iCafe app

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'd also like to see Apple add this functionality to iOS.

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I would have thought by now they would have built in some the features. Like lock screen replies and what not.
    Also surprised we haven't seen customizations add either. Text bubble color change. Folder closer. Stuff like that. Little tweaks that would make a lot of "weekend jail breakers" happy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Arrogance? Pride perhaps? Spite? Who knows why they seem so stubborn to implement subtle tweaks into their mighty iOS. Goodness knows they haven't been shy to "borrow" ideas in the past. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

No, Im willing to bet they are saving those features for iOS 7.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Every year we get a few jailbreak apps/tweaks implemented into the new OS. I don't think we'll ever see all the options Bite has, but I hope 7.0 at least has an in-app text reply feature. I'd like something along the lines of sliding to the right of a status bar message to invoke a pull-down overlay with a keyboard.

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

But why not? It seems like a no-brainer! Thoughts? It's almost like a big FU at this point.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Bite is highly customizable. All those options are not likely. I think Apple thinks they would confuse people and make things too complicated for the average user. I'm guessing that they'll start with in-app texting and an option to show all time stamps.

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes, this would be consistent with Apple's strategy thus far.

Sent using iCafe app

10. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

What is so complicated about the Bite SMS option menus? Users already have to dance with iCloud, in app purchases, Apple Maps, plus all the iTunes syncing options. Bite is more intuitive than most iOS apps already. Complicated? Apple confuses people already, adding contact pics and quick response is not complicated.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't think it's complicated, but I think Apple would think it was too many options, settings and customizations. I'm just trying to be realistic here. Expecting all of that wouldn't be consistent with what they've implemented in the past.

12. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I don't quite buy that Apple is trying to keep things simple for the sake of the end user. With the posts we see on how to get pics, music, contacts to/from a device I can't see how folks could get more confused with a few more yes/no questions. The argument of complication falls flat, IMO. Do you want pics in your message list? Yes or No? Do you want quick reply response available? Yes or No? Tap to dismiss/Tap to respond = yes/no = not complicated.

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Then your misinformed, here's one of many examples:
    http://m.minyanville.com/?guid=46745&catid=4

Sent using iCafe app

14. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I get that. But then maybe we disagree on what is complicated. Like I said, one or two yes or no questions...

The people that would get confused by the extra choices would never even know they existed.

Edit: Remember, we're talking about the messaging app, not the overall OS.

15. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

BiteSMS is one of the biggest reasons I'm still jailbroken. There are a few great options, but I have to agree that I don't think it would be too complicated for most people. Just the Delay timer would be a perk to have in regular messaging app.

Sent using iCafe app

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Got it, perhaps, btw Bitesms is my preferred choice when jailbroken

Sent using iCafe app

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's more than simple yes or no questions. There are a lot of menus in Bite. Though it'a nothing like iFile, it's not 100% intuitive when you first start using it. I think you and I are fairly tech savvy, but neither of us knew this until Leo Renard pointed it out. I doubt the average iPhone user would have "just known." Most of the other new Bite users in the thread didn't know, either. It's not a simple toggle.

Remember, I'm talking about the average iPhone user here. I've met very few iPhone users in real life who know what a hard reset is. I've met some who didn't even know how to reboot. ;)
    One or two yes or no questions would not be all off the features of Bite. I originally said they might add some, but not all. I thought you asked why not all of them.

#17 Europa, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  18. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Ok, i understand out it being hard for others but now that ********** have shutdown, why don't they allow some leeway with what applications can be installed? why not giver a user the option to download apps like sms? at least a user has the option ?

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It just barely shut down a few days ago. I'm hopeful that they will relax a little more now, but I doubt they will. It's still possible to install pirated apps, though it's not as easy, and a similar app could pop up at any time.

20. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

thats a valid point, but if Apple are wanting to stay in the mobile market they are going to have to do something because they have been at the top of the market since the first iPhone came out, my friend posted to me on facebook

"
    Stuff! Magazines top
    1. Samsung Galaxy SIII
    2. Google Nexus 4
    3.HTC One X+
    4.apple iPhone 5''

http://www.stuff.tv/news/apple-news/versus/apple-iphone-5-vs-Samsung-galaxy-s3

So i think Apple will do something, because for example on their mac OS mountain lion they now allow 3rd party apps to be installed. I think this has been to keep up with both windows and linux.