Bites SMS is now paid... is there any alternative to it

prabhat

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
i have Bites sms installed which allow me to forward sms... but now it is saying that urs is free period which is going to expired on some date and u need a licence version... so please help me ... and let me know if there is any other application which i can use i place of bitesms... or is there any way to avoid that message from bites sms

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
mySMS has a trial version with no time limit, but 20% of your texts will take about 30 seconds to send. If you decide to purchase a license...it's 4.99 for the "non-secure" version.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
i have Bites sms installed which allow me to forward sms... but now it is saying that urs is free period which is going to expired on some date and u need a licence version... so please help me ... and let me know if there is any other application which i can use i place of bitesms... or is there any way to avoid that message from bites sms
Download Clippy from Cydia. It's a copy/paste app. Just double tap the text you want to forward and it will save it to the clipboard and then you can copy the text in a new box and send it to whoever you want.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
biteSMS is an amazing app. Remember, really good apps take a lot of time to work on, and time is money. It's only $6, I strongly suggest you buy it. The new quick reply feature is absolutely amazing, now you can be running any app and texting someone else without having to constantly exit your app to text back.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
biteSMS is an amazing app. Remember, really good apps take a lot of time to work on, and time is money. It's only $6, I strongly suggest you buy it. The new quick reply feature is absolutely amazing, now you can be running any app and texting someone else without having to constantly exit your app to text back.
All of the alternative do this, iRealSMS and mySMS. I tell you what really turned me off of biteSMS was the pink icon, hated it. The only thing that bugs me about mySMS is that is doesn't use the builtin contact manager, so I can't use my groups to narrow down my choices when sending to multiple recipients. Support for groups would make it a lot better.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
For anyone wanting to roll back...

For anyone wanting to roll back...I found this on the net, it's a .deb file for biteSMS 2.7, uninstall 3.0, install and run the 2.7 file. From what I read, to get the icon to show back up you will either need to install something else from cydia then respring, or you can turn wifi off and go into airplane mode and go into cydia and "upgrade" biteSMS, it won't upgrade anything cause there is no connection, but the icon will come back to your springboard...at least that is what I read. I do not believe this falls under warez as this was a free version.

biteSMS 2.7 .zip

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
i bought iRealSMS, really worth it, landscape keyboard, reply from any app, lock sms with its own passcode, really worth the $10 i paid for it. Its actually so good i would jailbreak just for it.

Pre-made text "snipets" for faster responses
Landscape Keyboard
Keyboard Orientation lock (always portrait or always landscape)
Stand alone sms inbox or "conversation" mode
Search sms' by number, name, or words

its really worth it.

Mes

Jan 29, 2009
For anyone wanting to roll back...I found this on the net, it's a .deb file for biteSMS 2.7, uninstall 3.0, install and run the 2.7 file. From what I read, to get the icon to show back up you will either need to install something else from cydia then respring, or you can turn wifi off and go into airplane mode and go into cydia and "upgrade" biteSMS, it won't upgrade anything cause there is no connection, but the icon will come back to your springboard...at least that is what I read. I do not believe this falls under warez as this was a free version.

biteSMS 2.7 .zip
It's also available here: http://apt.modmyi.com/2debs/bitesmssk2.7.deb

prabhat

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008

biteSMS 2.7 .zip

But how to get it done..? I mean how to roll back it?

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
But how to get it done..? I mean how to roll back it?
I have got BiteSMS on my iPhone.

I use the app for landscaping texting and send text messages through my carrier and not Bite...

That doesn't cost me does it?

I am on a contract if that makes any difference?

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
I have got BiteSMS on my iPhone.

I use the app for landscaping texting and send text messages through my carrier and not Bite...

That doesn't cost me does it?

I am on a contract if that makes any difference?
As of version 3.0 BiteSMS requires you to pay a fee to use. Even if you are sending messages through your carrier.

Plastikfear

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Somewhere over the rainbow
Ok so which is better.. iRealSMS or biteSMS ? Thinking about getting one of them, maybe, but want your opinions on each.

Also, do either of those have better timestamps than the stock iPhone SMS? I like being able tos ee exactly when every single message was sent or received, and iPhone doesn't really do this with every message which is annoying.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I've used both bite and iRealSMS and I preferred iRealSMS. But prefer mySMS to both. MySMS doesn't show you a whole lot of timestamps in conversation mode, but is very detailed with timestamps when looking at the individual SMS's. Give it a try, it's free, but the free version will take 30 seconds for 20% of your messages to send, if you like it it's only about 5 bucks to buy the non secure version, and all messages are sent instantly.