BiteSMS Beta is Out for ARM64 iDevices

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

BiteSMS, the alternative messaging app available on Cydia, has now been updated to work on ARM64 devices such as the iPhone 5s. You can compose and reply from anywhere on your iPhone, scheduling sending of texts, and much more.

And I like it.

repo.jpg

2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Anyone knows if there is a setting to return to the messages lost after pressing the home button? This used to be a feature but I can't find the setting anywhere now.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Messages list (didn't want to edit your post)?

Are you asking for the default view to be the messages list when opening BiteSMS?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Please clarify what it's doing and what you want it to do. I'm pretty sure you want it to go to the contacts view/list of everyone you text, but instead it's staying in the texting thread for the last person you texted. This is the way Apple messages works as well. Bite used to not keep that one open, and it drove me crazy. I haven't installed it on iOS 7 yet.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes, I want to go back to the list of people I've texted. Minimize the chance of sending the wrong people a text.

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Thanks Napoleon, yes exactly that.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I think you're right about the old version having that feature. Can't find that setting on the iOS 7 version, though. We could send a request to the developer, though. I'll tweet them about it.

EDIT: Their Twitter account is not for support, so I emailed their support people.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It should be optional. I hated how it used to be the default. I wonder if they had requests to make it function the way Apple's Messages does.

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Thanks Naps, this was never the default Europa, it was a setting to turn on, the default was the way Apple does it.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, it was the default on the version I was running a couple years ago. I definitely didn't enable it. I disliked it and searched for a way to disable it and never could find one. I like it the way Apple does it.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Edited, sorry didn't mean the short response, don't know what happened. I I don't think so, I've used bite for years and this was always the case. Maybe you are referring to an early beta or to irealsms?

#11 liberated, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Never mind. I know how it worked on my phone (default settings) and I'm proficient and going through settings to make adjustments. You might be misunderstanding me anyway.

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I misunderstood you? That statement doesn't make any sense Europa, what a way to insult me. I hate when people ant admit when they are wrong. I've used bitesms for years and knew the features inside and out. Before disrespecting me the least you can do is get some evidence aside from your recollection of how things may have worked.

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I asked BiteSMS support if this feature could be brought back for the iOS 7 version and I received a one-word reply from Jason - "Sure."

I hope we can assume from that that it will be reintroduced in the new version.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm sorry I offended you. That was not my intention. I don't recall exactly when that happened to me with BiteSMS. Apparently, I was wrong and there was a setting that I overlooked that would have fixed it for me.

17. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

As usual I over reacted, I apologize for being such a drama queen. Thanks Europa.

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

That's good news. Thanks for asking Napoleon.