Black Friday Tech Deals 2016

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Launching the thread with coverage of a rather pathetic move on Samsung’s part.

Samsung will be trying to sell the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that they launched over three years ago—refurbished, to boot—for $249.

The linked article reminds us that “The Note 3 is running Android 5.0 Lollipop, hasn't been updated since November 2015 and will not receive any future updates. It's well over 3 years old and will not receive any sort of support or warranty service by Samsung.”

Well, at least it shouldn’t explode.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
That’s not surprising in the least. Cook needs his jet polished.

There was a good deal on a 9.7” iPad Pro here but I just saw it now. If I had seen it before I would have shared it before.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
This is more of a Cyber Monday or Cyber Week deal, but Google is offering a four-month free trial subscription of Play Music. The Play music streaming service usually costs $9.99 per month, giving members access to over 35 million songs.

It remains to be seen whether Apple will do something similar, but knowing Apple, they probably won’t.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I want a good deal on a Series 1 Apple Watch for my daughter. I had one at checkout on B & H, but their website went down, and by the tine it was back up, I was in bed, so I missed out on a really good deal. Bollocks!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@Hondamaker I considered buying the Apple Watch when I still had my iPhone 6 Plus, but I opted for the Moto 360 because it just looks a lot better, in my opinion. I can tell you that more than half of the people I meet think it's just a normal yet good looking watch, especially with the huge collection of custom watchfaces you can download for free. Syncing between Android Wear and the iPhone is still a disaster, though, and I doubt it will get any better, so the Apple Watch is only a good choice when you have an iPhone.

If she has an Android phone, definitely go for the 42 Moto 360 2nd Gen because the 46 will be too big. I'm sure it's priced lower than the Apple Watch, too.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
@Hondamaker I considered buying the Apple Watch when I still had my iPhone 6 Plus, but I opted for the Moto 360 because it just looks a lot better, in my opinion. I can tell you that more than half of the people I meet think it's just a normal yet good looking watch, especially with the huge collection of custom watchfaces you can download for free. Syncing between Android Wear and the iPhone is still a disaster, though, and I doubt it will get any better, so the Apple Watch is only a good choice when you have an iPhone.

If she has an Android phone, definitely go for the 42 Moto 360 2nd Gen because the 46 will be too big. I'm sure it's priced lower than the Apple Watch, too.
She's got an iphone7 and she likes my Apple Watch so she wants one.