Black screen but iPhone is still on

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Torinate, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Hello there.

This happened yesterday while texting. Phone just went black. No fall. No damage.

I've tried resetting both hard and soft and then also restored it. No luck.

Had someone look at it thinking it was the digitizer. But, he said that wasn't it.

Any ideas?

Phone is 1.5 years old. Any warranty?

Thanks for any and all help!

Torinate

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So it restored fine, but the screen is still black? I would try a DFU restore as a final troubleshooting step. But it sounds like a hardware problem, which will require replacement.

If you didn't buy AppleCare+, it's out of warranty and you'll have to pay for a replacement unless Apple decides to be nice and replace it for free. If you did buy AppleCare+, it's still under warranty for another six months and Apple will replace it for free.

3. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

That's disappointing to hear. Guess I expected the phone to hold up better considering the price of these things...

Time to make an appointment I guess...

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

On average, they last much longer than that. Hopefully, Apple will replace it for free even through it's out of warranty. Good luck!

5. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Thanks!

Have an appointment this afternoon. Can't believe how much I rely on it for EVERYTHING!

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

No tech is perfect, you probably got a bad phone, whether the phone is 1 cent or 1000 dollars there's always a chance you could draw a short straw.