Black smudge marks under the screen.?

one028

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
i exchanged my first iPhone 3g because the chrome bezel was all chipped up when i got it (common problem from reading the forum). anyways i got a replacement a couple weeks ago and all of the sudden i notice 2 smudge marks on the screen, under the glass. i only see it on certain color backgrounds (darker gray on the phonesaber app looks the worst). does anyone have these smudges? i made an appointment with Apple, but i have a feeling that ill get another phone, with a different problem. .. i love the phone, just wish i could keep one for a little while..

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
I have one smudge too I only see it on certain screens.....I tought it was under my anti-glare scren protector as well what should we do take it back...I just jailbroke my phone and have it the way i Like it now

one028

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
i guess im going to the Apple store..i hate taking things back..especially if i already took it back once before.

iTrey.Bates

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Texas
well if you think you can manage with it on there i would just keep it..i was like that on my 1st gen iPhone and before i knew it i forgot all about it...and if anybody asks...say its a summerboard haha