Black status bar - yay or nay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Dec 6, 2011.

1. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

I notice iOS 5 has implemented a black status bar at the top of the screen highlighting the wireless signal, time and battery. Similar to Google's black bar at the top, it seems a bit distracting and unsightly. Is it really necessary? Could we could see the signal time and battery just fine without it?

That has always been there, hasn't it?

Not on my iPod touch

Yes, I noticed this before. Its black bar where before it was transparent.

[​IMG]

I just had to delete a post because for some reason I cannot edit them anymore.

Okay, I just chenged my wall paper and the bar is a dark transparent. It's not light. Maybe in the days before iOS5 it was transparent with a slight hint of the color of the wall paper, but I can that the bar is not black. It's transparent but on the dark side.

Here's couple wallpapers that make the statusbar transparent

You talking about in safari?
    Turn off private browsing.
    That is the only time my status bar appears to be black.

I've honestly never noticed it, but my background is black.

Thanks Bennyboy, worked like a charm. How do those work? Got any more or their source?

You welcome. If I find more ill post them here, that's all i have. I got them on macThemes.com

You find any more?

Any new ones?

Bennyboy just posted a link for an app that makes the status bar invisible.
    http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/invisible-statusbar-with-istatusbar.85251/

Awesome! Thank you much

you're a piece of crap

So I unfortunately just tried this and have to report that it does not work. While it does lighten the status bar, it is still clearly visible. Thanks anyway, is there any way to fully remove it when jailbroken?

Yes, Transparent Status Bar from modmyi

Oh yeah!

Transparent Status Bar for iOS 4 is free in Cydia and works fine on iOS 5. Here's mine with it enabled in WinterBoard:

[​IMG]

Ya that's beautiful. So it works w iOS 5 also? And are those the same, the ones u and the posters above mentioned?

Yes, Transparent Status Bar for iOS 4 works on iOS 5. I'm on 5.0.1. Yes, we are both using the same tweak.

Great, thanks.

Your set of icons, where did you get them and what are they called, I like them and would like to use.

Thats Jaku on cydia. But look at Edius HD, it's basically the same thing but free, also on cydia.

Attached Files:

#1 TH55, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
  2. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

I notice iOS 5 has implemented a black status bar at the top of the screen highlighting the wireless signal, time and battery. Similar to Google's black bar at the top, it seems a bit distracting and unsightly. Is it really necessary? Could we could see the signal time and battery just fine without it?

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It has always been that way.

Again, please don't start a new thread for each of your iOS complaints. Start one thread and then update it as needed. I've asked you to do this several times now. I'll start locking your threads if you continue to start a new one for each new complaint/question. There is no reason not to consolidate these posts.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

#4 RoofMonkey, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do not start duplicate threads, either, TH55.

Thread locked.

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Now it is. :)