BlackBerry 10 vs iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris, May 1, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Anyone take a look at the BlackBerry 10 debut today? Think it'll stem the tide of those switching from BlackBerry to iPhone?

Thoughts?

2. Mikah15

Mikah15 New Member

It looks just like an iPhone. The texting looks pretty cool though. I could never leave my iPhone though.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The texting does look cool, but there's not much else to see. For a big relaunch, there isn't much to see. Nothing here differentiates the BlackBerry from the iPhone.

4. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

WOW! Absolutely amazing how they basically copied the entire look of the iPhone 4/4S.

5. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

Pretty nifty and hopefully not too late in the game for BB.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I think it was late 12 months ago. Look at Palm, a company who had a very nice future OS.

If RIM would have purchased Palm, that would have been the hail mary that might have worked. I just don't see anything they are doing now as being sufficient to make a dent in the market. I wonder how many are switching from BlackBerry to iPhone on a daily basis. I bet quite a few.

They have the market cornered on physical keyboards, but I guess people for the most part have gotten over them.

#6 chris, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  7. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

One of the biggest issues I had with my BlackBerry (10-year user) that made me switch to the iPhone is email. Supposedly BlackBerry's strong suit, I eventually found it quite lacking. On BIS you cannot get access to subfolders in email. I have over 20 subfolders into which I file EVERYthing. Some stuff gets filed automatically, other stuff I move manually. Once an email is filed in one of those subfolders a BlackBerry user loses access to them. If you're on BES you have this access, but every company I know immediately locks out access to personal email once you're on their system. You get access to your subfolders in your work email account but lose all access to your personal email. I've gotten busy enough with so many projects, both personal and businesss, that having access to all my email is critical. The only workaround is to simply leave EVERYthing unfiled, sitting in your inbox. But that's no way to work. I'm willing to change my work habits if it's to do things a better way than I'm used to. This old dog can learn new tricks! But changing to accommodate my phone's flaws is insane. I'd rather just change my phone.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List