Blackberry and 4 gig vs. 8 gig?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

samaaron

Sep 25, 2007
I am a gadget guy that is considering purchasing an iPhone. A few questions I have a blackberry from work will the iPhone seem redundant if I use it as my personal phone. I can check personal email and use the web on my BB. Also, is it worth a $100 to get the 4 more gig of storage.
Thanks

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I am a gadget guy that is considering purchasing an iPhone. A few questions I have a blackberry from work will the iPhone seem redundant if I use it as my personal phone. I can check personal email and use the web on my BB. Also, is it worth a $100 to get the 4 more gig of storage.
Thanks
It really depends on your needs. The iPhone is an incredible multi-media device, something that cannot be said for the BlackBerry. The iPhone allows you to converge smartphone with your iPod (assuming you own an iPod). The web is superior on the iPhone. Slow, but worth the wait IMHO. Email is not for power users, but again you get full HTML emails. From a hardware perspective, you are looking at QWERTY vs touchscreen. The BlackBerry has made inroads towards being a more consumer device, but it's still more of a businesss tool.

Yes, it is definitely worth $100 for the extra 4GB. It'll fill up with music, videos, etc. Play it safe.

-Chris

samaaron

Sep 25, 2007
It really depends on your needs. The iPhone is an incredible multi-media device, something that cannot be said for the BlackBerry. The iPhone allows you to converge smartphone with your iPod (assuming you own an iPod). The web is superior on the iPhone. Slow, but worth the wait IMHO. Email is not for power users, but again you get full HTML emails. From a hardware perspective, you are looking at QWERTY vs touchscreen. The BlackBerry has made inroads towards being a more consumer device, but it's still more of a businesss tool.

Yes, it is definitely worth $100 for the extra 4GB. It'll fill up with music, videos, etc. Play it safe.

-Chris
Thanks for the input