blackberry help

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
I have a iPhone and I am wondering is the black berry pearl easy to use? Like I mean if your not a very tecnoloy smart person can you use. The pear easily and is it complicated? Also can it take a fall?

Btw I want t know his becouse my dad wants to get a pearl and I have no idea if its a good buy or not.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I haven't seen the Pearl up close and personal, but Blackberries are generally pretty easy to use - even for non-techie types. My brother is a *very* non gadget sort of guy, and he seems to work with his Blackberry (not a Curve) without any troubles ...

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
The BB interface is really easy to use. I think a BB would be great to give, but you may want to find out whether a full QWERTY keyboard like in the Curve would be more appropriate.

If he texts a lot, he will have to double tap considerably.

Nov 26, 2007
I had a pearl for a year before I just got my iPhone this christmas. I absolutely loved it and was actually quite attached to it, it was almost hard to give up when I opened the iPhone. Of course, after playing with my iPhone for about 5 minutes, I was like "blackberry? What blackberry? This iPhone RULES!"
Anyways, yes it can take a fall, they are VERY tough, VERY easy to use, and I hate to say it, but there are quite a few things that it can do, that the iPhone cant. (but I'm not really missing them yet), and blackberries are also completely "modable". Lots of 3rd party apps for em, and it wont get you in trouble. :)
I was considering the curve next, but pshhh, now I got an iPhone............

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
My Dad is not that techie and he got a BB from his work (not a Curve or Pearl, but the ATT more businesss one with no camera maybe 8200?) and he uses it all the time.

I think the iPhone is more intuitive and easier to navigate with no tutorials, but the Pearl (my last phone) was a really good phone. I kind of miss the voice dialing. It takes a fall just fine. BB's are really tough.

Some men prefer the curve because the keyboard is easier to use for bigger fingers. But the Pearl is also easy to type on-it has special software that makes it easy to type so that you do not have to double tap a lot to get the correct letter.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
In addition to my iPhone, I recently picked up the BlackBerry Curve. It's super easy to use, especially for email. It is a bit menu heavy from time to time, but the contacts are nicely integrated. Typing a few letters brings up the contact, etc.

Haven't used the Pearl, but have read good reviews. Personally, I'd have issue with SureType.

-Chris

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
In addition to my iPhone, I recently picked up the BlackBerry Curve. It's super easy to use, especially for email. It is a bit menu heavy from time to time, but the contacts are nicely integrated. Typing a few letters brings up the contact, etc.

Haven't used the Pearl, but have read good reviews. Personally, I'd have issue with SureType.

-Chris
Thanks, Chris. I forgot what they called the "special software for typing" on the Pearl. SureType. I found the SureType super easy to use. The keyboard is layed out in QWERTY format. But I never used a BB with the full keyboard to compare.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
i switched from a blackberry 8800 to the iPhone. BB are good prosumer phones, no camera in some of the models though. you can also get a refurb one pretty cheap from most carriers.

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
oo pretty cool ill tell my dad to get it then