BlackBerry Internet Service..

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
..has been down for three days and things are actually getting worse. All I can say is LOL.

A lot of BlackBerry fan boys argue that RIM is successful because their devices are actually "good", not just because of BlackBerry Messenger. I'd now like to ask those fan boys if they're actually enjoying their devices with the BlackBerry Internet Service (BBM, Email, and Browser) down. I'm a BlackBerry user, and I can say that I haven't touched the phone ever since except to dial or pick up phone calls, whereas the iPhone was basically in my hand at least 8 - 9 hours a day.

I'm not ranting here, I'm just stating my opinion. But since this is an "iCafe", I'm pretty sure a lot of people will agree with me on this one. Hahaha!

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Being Canadian myself, and only living about an hour from RIM headquarters, I shouldn't be happy about it, but unfortunately I can't stand BlackBerry! A couple of my buds still live by blackberry, and to this day they still say that their blackberries are better than my iPhone4.....lol....maybe I'm the blind one....but I just don't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Well, speaking of the devil, the service just got back online.

Throughout these three days without the service, however, I am sure a lot of fan boys realized that without BlackBerry Messenger, there is no difference between BlackBerries and cheap, low-end Nokias or Alcatels, whereas the iPhone, even the first generation one, has a lot more to offer than just one application.

BlackBerry Messenger is the most dominant instant messaging applications in the mobile world, I'll admit that, but RIM should at least make their OS and devices better. If you remove BlackBerry Messenger, or the service is down like it was for the past three days, and you compare BlackBerries to an iPhone, or even a Sony Ericsson, there is no comparison whatsoever.

I'm a BlackBerry user myself, but only because of the one feature that makes it special, BlackBerry Messenger, which is used by all my friends and colleagues, and it's much easier to keep in touch with them that way. I used an iPhone 4 and a BlackBerry Bold simultaneously before, but carrying two phones is a hassle.