blackberry storm vs iPhone

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
ooo it has SMS and MMS and all this neato junk, and 3.2mp and stuff... iPhone better step it up with their software upgrades, because i might have to go to storm purely for the SMS/MMS and the light indicator and 3.2mp, im tires of receiving these stupid links with funky passwords and log in IDs in order to view the pictures that people send me. i actually have to write that junk down then go to a site and type it all in... thats so stupid! it might have been ok if you just click on the link and it takes you to the picture, but the password and log in junk, hecka annoying!

not to mention the annoying pop up TXT messages, im tired of people reading and seeing what people txt me as soon as i get something, also its annoying when watching a video or browsing the internet, why the heck is Apple being stupid about those things.

Apple is gonna start loosing costumers soon if they don't step up!

Shakes

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
North West Indiana
www.digitaljargon.com
It will also have the same horrible BB browser. You will also be stuck with the same BB OS with a very limited number of games and 3rd party apps. They can try and pretty it up with themes but the BB OS feels very outdated to me. I use a BB curve for work on a daily basis.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I don't understand people complaining about people reading their texts when they get sent.

Don't let people play with your phone. I would be pissed if they didn't pop up. It's a communications device, ffs.

I am looking forward to checking out the storm, but if it's subpar in how it pulls it off, I'll pass. More features doesn't always mean a better phone.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I don't understand people complaining about people reading their texts when they get sent.

Don't let people play with your phone. I would be pissed if they didn't pop up. It's a communications device, ffs.

I am looking forward to checking out the storm, but if it's subpar in how it pulls it off, I'll pass. More features doesn't always mean a better phone.
Sometimes its just nosey people watching you while you're using your phone, or if you're showing them something. Happens to me all the time. I too wish it worked how BlackBerry's work and it didn't pop up.

miloko

Oct 14, 2008
I have the 3G iPhone and it should not have the word phone in the name. It's a great mini computer but the phone functions are the poorest I've seen in 15 years. A 2 way radio gets better call quality.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Nice first post, miloko. Welcome to the forum.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
well as the date comes closer to release they'll be all kinds of iPhone vs storms websites out. if the bb internet browser can come close to the iPhone then jobs has to do some kind of software update. even if it's cut and paste!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
When I had my BB, I never used the BB browser. I installed Opera Mini. It was much better.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
When I had my BB, I never used the BB browser. I installed Opera Mini. It was much better.
The new BB Browser on my Curve that came in an OS update is actually pretty darn good. Major improvement compared to the old browser.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
it looks pretty nice (physically) and feature wise it sounds tempting, but the OS and lack of an app store are what push me away.

I signed up to go to a BB Storm launch party tomorrow night, and it makes me feel kind of dirty lol. But the only reason I signed up was because the Foo fighters are going to be performing there :)

ILL16GB

Oct 17, 2008
the storm does look pretty good and I love to try it out but they are saying no wi-fi and that kienda sucks and for the txt pupping out on the screen I love that form the iPhone

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I might make the switch and cancel my service with AT&T. I can care less about Apps, I want copy and paste, MMS, better service, and cheaper plans with a phone that is as cool looking as the iPhone 3G

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I might make the switch and cancel my service with AT&T. I can care less about Apps, I want copy and paste, MMS, better service, and cheaper plans with a phone that is as cool looking as the iPhone 3G
I hear u on this one. When is the exact release date for the storm?

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
They are locked down much more than the iPhone although they have a good following of 3rd party apps.

I think you mean "much less" than the iPhone. The iPhone is the most locked down device in the history of devices.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I have never really played around with blackberry phones, but the bit that I did try really didn't like it. The deodorant ball is to small for me and also I'm not good at typing on a phone size keyboard. The storm might be good but I highly doubt that any other phone could match the Touch screen capabilites of the iPhone. The touch screen on the iPhone just works well, Other "Touch Screen" phones need a keyboard or just suck **Cough** Instinct **Cough** I would probably give the G1 a try but I'll buy it when it's unlocked cause I want to be able to switch back and forth with my iPhone.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Im either going to get the Storm or the LG Dare, Right now im paying $104.69 a month with my iPhone 3G if I get Verizon with the same features and a cool phone ill be paying $76.93. Its not a tough choice to make right now.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
Don't blame you for that one It's a pretty big difference on the bill and over the two year contracts life, It could make a real difference.