blackberry storm vs iPhone

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Marcos I would definitely try out the storm before I went to the dare. I'm not a BB user and I haven't like one yet but of the two choices I say go with the storm.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Marcos I would definitely try out the storm before I went to the dare. I'm not a BB user and I haven't like one yet but of the two choices I say go with the storm.
I'd get the storm before the dare. If you don't like the dare try the blackberry curve. That dare sn't all that great.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Well thats why Im holding off right now. I want to try out the Storm and the Dare before I buy either of them

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I am looking forward to being able to play with a Bold when they come into stock at my local AT&T Store. I am however very much looking forward to the Storm as well. I love my iPhone, however I just love gadgets in general.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
It better be around the $200 price to compete with the iPhone 3G or else it wont be considered an iPhone Killer if it cost $400

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Rumor right now is it $199 with a plan. Still don't now the actual date though.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The BB Storm is a better phone than the Samsung Instinct, LG Dare or T-Mobile G1. And I would probably recommend it to folks who really need to use it for businesss use.

But, since the Storm has no wi-fi capability, it's a no-go for me.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I just read on engadget they were saying $99. If its $199 I am long gone from the iPhone!
only way im going to get it is if they come out with a simcard version. i know vodofone has a simcard version but will it work with an AT&T simcard? that's the only way i see myself getting a storm early. I don't wanna cough up money for early terminations with AT&T

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Since I have had the iPhone no other phone has caught my eye until the BB Storm but I still can't see my self switching right now. I am still loving my 3g.

And for those of you that don't like the txt message preview, there is a way in settings to turn it off.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Where is it? I can't seem to find it.
Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock -> SMS Preview Off.
If you don't want to have the password thing on, but you want the preview off, you could just set a password to every 4 hours or something that way it hardly asks you for a password, but you still get the preview feature turned off.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock -> SMS Preview Off.
If you don't want to have the password thing on, but you want the preview off, you could just set a password to every 4 hours or something that way it hardly asks you for a password, but you still get the preview feature turned off.
I hope this gets changed in the future, because I would have never thought the passcode lock would have anything to do with SMS.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Im either going to get the Storm or the LG Dare, Right now im paying $104.69 a month with my iPhone 3G if I get Verizon with the same features and a cool phone ill be paying $76.93. Its not a tough choice to make right now.
The Verizon Data plan is just as expensive as the AT&T plan....how will it somehow cost you $28 less? Also, starting in 2009 Verizon will REQUIRE that you buy at least the $30 plan for premium PDAs (STORM).